This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

For as long as I can remember I had believed that as soon as humanly possible, I would adopt a puppy. Upon reaching college age, however, it has become abundantly clear that it is already enough work to manage my own life and I couldn’t imagine bearing the responsibility of another. Although initially discouraging, I used it as an opportunity to find a way to keep my love for dogs in my life without directly owning one. I have recently stumbled into two different opportunities for dogsitting puppies. I dogsit about three times a week for a few hours at a time and it gives me the ideal puppy fix and simultaneously helps to relieve the burden from my fellow peers. If you are an animal lover, or considering getting an animal but are not sure if you can handle one yet, I urge you to dogsit! It not only gives you a sense of what it would entail to take care of an animal but you may also find that dogsitting for a few hours at a time is just enough time for you to feel fulfilled. Plus, the owners definitely appreciate a well-deserved break!! 

My name is Madison Thorne and I am a freshman at UNH! I love animals and to do stuff outdoors.
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!