This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

In high school I played sports. I did cheerleading and ran on the track team. I was never an athlete that liked sports involving hitting or kicking. At this time, I didn’t understand nutrition. I would like to think I had a healthy lifestyle, but participating in cheerleading wasn’t a high intensity sport. My brothers were always active and played football, soccer, lacrosse, etc. It was easier for my parents to attend their games, rather than a come to a two-hour track meet or five-hour cheerleading competition. 

My mom joined a Crossfit gym 10 miles down the road from my house. At the time, I viewed Crossfit as a high intensity, “impossible” sport- One that I would never in a million years be good at. I was wrong. I joined my mom in a class one day. Boy, was I not fit for that. I immediately put that behind me and didn’t think about stepping back in that gym and embarrassing myself again. 

I quit cheerleading and track. Senior year my friends and I all decided we did not want to participate in our sports anymore, because, you know, it was our senior year. I was okay with that, although my mom is a healthy, active woman that encourages me to be healthy too. I was not feeling that in the winter of 2018. I had too much free time on my hands and decided to join another class at Crossfit. It took me some time to jump into it. I had not realized how supportive and positive the environment of this gym was. I really started to pick it up and get into it. I noticed myself making healthier food choices as well. This lead me to discovering nutritionists, dietitians, and health coaches. 

Battle Crossfit changed my mental state, attitude, and the direction of my life for the better. I believe no one should be intimidated, like I was, of Crossfit. If you really put your mind and body to it, you are capable of just about anything.

I am currently a student at University of New Hampshire, studying nutrition. I recently joined HerCampus, and so far I am loving it! I love to be outside, workout, and sleep!! I am very fortunate to have a club like this on campus, it is not easy finding the perfect one!
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!