This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

The big trend of the summer was going on a hot girl walk. What is not to love about getting fresh air and exercising all at once? I know that as the weather begins to dwindle and it is colder out, it can become harder for people to want to go outside and keep up with their fitness activities. I am here to give you some tips and hot girl walk essentials to motivate you to get out there and get your steps in! 

1. The number one thing to have while you are on your hot girl walk is something to listen to. If you are anything like me, it can be very difficult to walk or basically do anything in complete silence. Unless you really love the sound of cars or leaves blowing in the wind, I recommend that you put your headphones in and listen to something that will put you in the mood to stay active for at least 30 minutes. I switch between podcasts and music. It all just depends on the mood I am in that day. A podcast that I love right now is What We Said with hosts Jaci Marie and Chelsey Jade. They are two girls who talk about anything and everything. They are super relatable and I love to hear their funny stories. As for music, play whatever your heart pleases. This is your hot girl walk; you should be strutting to your own music taste. 
  2. Another hot girl walk essential for me would be chapstick. In this dry and cold New Hampshire climate, it only takes my lips a couple of minutes to get cracked and chapped. I absolutely hate that feeling, so I always need my chapstick on hand. A few of my recent favorites are the Laneige Lip Glow Balm, Burt’s Bees (specifically the coconut & pear flavor) and Aquaphpor (a staple). 
  3. One thing that makes or breaks a hot girl walk is your footwear. So many sneaker brands have been trending lately, and many of them really are great options. You need a shoe that feels light and pillowy to walk on as well as something that you feel confident in. I wear the Brooks Glycerin 20 Running Shoes and I am obsessed with them. They are the best running shoes I have ever owned. However, any shoe that is right for you will do the trick. I would say this essential could expand to what you are wearing as well. Put something on that you feel confident yet comfortable in. The more comfortable you are, the better the hot girl walk is. 
  4. The last essential you will need for your hot girl walk is a belt bag of some sort. No, you do not need to splurge on the Lululemon belt bag, but I would still recommend having a bag. You will want a place to put your phone, chapstick, headphone case and maybe even a snack. I know all those things will probably not be able to fit in your pockets, and it is so nice to be hands-free and not have your pockets heavily weighing you down. The belt bag is both practical and stylish. Anyone who sees you will want to be you. 

This list of hot girl walk essentials just gets me even more excited to go on my own hot girl walk!  Staying active is so important, especially this time of year when it is a struggle to even get one foot in front of the other. Hopefully, with these essentials, you can get outside, smell the fresh crisp air and strut your stuff around your college campus, neighborhood or even on the treadmill at your gym. Have fun walking! 

Meredith Buckley is a junior Health Management and Policy major at the University of New Hampshire. Her hometown is New Boston, NH. Meredith's interest included field hockey, reading books, working out, and going to the beach.