This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Hey Y’all, 

At the beginning of this past September, my friends and I decided to make some impulse decisions, bought a couple plane tickets, applied for a passport and had a trip planned to Cancun, Mexico by October. Boy, did that make the semester drag by because I’m not sure about the others but I wanted my feet in the sand, and the ocean breeze going through my hair. Before we knew it, cold January came and we were counting down the single days we had left ’til we were off to the Mexican sun. The overall trip was amazing, and minus a few lost items, we thrived and lived our best lives there. 

Traveling may be my new favorite thing, I have always liked exploring and as a young adult, I absolutely plan to do more. But this trip definitely taught me some important things that I want to share with you.

1. You can not go to Mexico and not see the cenotes 

One of our last days in Cancun, we decided to book an all day tour to see four different cenotes. For $110 you get to adventure out into the jungle with great tour guides and get to really see some of the culture and explore the deep sink holes with a limestone pool at the bottom. We got to slide, cliff jump, zip-line and rappel into the cenotes. The wildlife, plants and trees all around are something you can not miss out on. Being on the nice warm beach is one thing, but these natural water holes are a whole new level. 

As we were leaving the resort we were staying at, I felt a rush of sadness because the thought in the back of my head kept reminding me that it had just snowed 8 inches at my house the night before. It made me entirely grateful for the nice warm Mexican sun. It also taught me that I probably shouldn’t have left 80 degree weather, to step out of Boston Logan Airport to 30 degree weather… in shorts… 

2. And of course while on a trip, plan another one. 

Yes, that’s right. My college friends and I already have another idea pondering in our impulsive heads. We have taken our trip to Cancun, all the fun and adventures we had. The brainstorming has started to all the places we want to visit. We are young, and everyone says to travel while we can so…Dominican Republic, January 2021 here we come!! 

To my friends who joined me on this vacation, thank you for making it one for the books. 

Mexico (and tequila), I’ll be back soon. 

Xox 

Allison

Current co-president of UNH's chapter of Her Campus
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!