This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Summer is nearly here and I couldn’t be more excited. After months of hard work, I am getting my well-earned summer break. I can’t wait to just relax in the warm weather and not think about school for 3 months. My freshman year did not go how I wanted it to, and now that I’m back home and nearly done with my final assignments I’m happier than ever. I now get some time to work on healing and focusing on myself, and hopefully, I will be fully recharged by the start of the next school year. This summer I will be working part-time at a cute little pottery shop where I started working last summer, as well as going on a trip to California in late June. I have never been to California and I’m super excited to experience all sorts of sights as we will be traveling from San Francisco to San Diego, making stops in Monterey and LA along the way.

I live just outside of Portland, Maine and it is the perfect summer spot. It is beautiful all year round, but when the weather is warm and everything is in full bloom the views are simply amazing. I have lived here all my life and I used to take it for granted since Maine is all about the small-town life and is cold most of the year, but now that I’ve been away at college I absolutely love it here. If you are looking for a quick summer trip in the New England area then Portland is a great place to go. It’s beautiful and full of amazing shops, restaurants, and beaches. I’m so excited to get to be here nearly every day for the whole summer. This is my time to have fun and recharge and I am in need of this more than ever!

Hi I’m Caitlin! I’m a freshman communication major at UNH!