This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Gustav’s list of accomplishments isn’t a short one. Many of us know Gustav as a member of the soccer team here at UNH, as Paul College Dean Ambassador, or as member of Atkins Investment Club. But lately Gustav has been working on a new project, Lillhammar & Friends.

What exactly is Lillhammar & Friends? It’s a project that was first created by one of Gustav’s friends, Sofia lillhammar from elementary school who desired to become a designer. Gustav states “the goal of L&F is to create some sort of platform where we can promote Sophia and simultaneously create a profitable business”. The project is based in Sweden, but Gustav and his friends want to focus marketing the products towards young Americans. The product that they offer is a type of sunglass holders (picture below) to Americans that has become a very trendy fashion item in Sweden. The project is mostly for fun, but they hope to get the word out there, not to mention the great business experience that Gustav has received from starting this project. 

Gustav has always been interested in planning and organizing things, which made this project such an exciting thing to take on. His junior year here at UNH he brought a bunch of European floorhockey steaks and tried to make UNH catch on to the trend. Gustav said “it didn’t really take off, but it was definitely a ton of fun”. This is what makes Gustav such a great person to be around. Whether it’s soccer, class, or promoting a new fashion product, Gustav makes sure to have fun while he does it.

If that’s not impressive enough, Gustav does all this while being away from home. He admits that it is sometimes challenging to be away from family and friends. Freshman year was the hardest year since he was struggling to learn English as well as live up to his soccer goals. But by the end of freshman year, he started to realize how much he loved UNH, and the area has become a second home for Gustav. As he approaches graduation, he hopes to stay in the United States to gain experience in the finance and investments field. His ultimate goal is to work in the analytical side of finance, helping analyze economic trends and conditions. He hopes to stay around Boston and New York, but is open to all possibilities if it means getting to stay in the U.S.

Want to learn more about Gustav’s LIllhammar & Friends Project? Check out their Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/LillhammarFriends.

Or their website: www.lillhammarandfriends.com

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!