sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

A Guide to UNH Bars

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

New to UNH? Just turned 21? Curious about what your older friends are doing on the weekends? Look no further – this guide will fill you in on where to be and when to be there. Each place has its own vibe and I’m here to make sure you know what you’re getting yourself into this weekend.

Mei Wei

Only go here if you’re willing to spend some dough, those Chinese drinks are not cheap.  Although they’re pricy, the scorp bowls are absolutely worth it. Even better, you can get some great food to go along with your drinks.

BEST FOR: Pregaming the night or a fun dinner with friends

The Knot

The Knot is like going over to your friends basement – its not that big and there isn’t that much to do. And it’s your friend whose mom never cleans. HOWEVER, they do have 25 cent wings on Thursday nights which are pretty good, a juke box and darts (that boys are always playing).  The biggest hit here is the rum buckets – and the treasure of gummy bears waiting for you at the bottom!

BEST FOR: Pregaming

Scorps

Aka Scorpion Bar & Grill (yes, it has a real name). This is a bar you go to for the night. Dollar drinks start at 8, so if you’re not early you’ll standing outside in the cold waiting in line. Scorps basement is an interesting place where you will see the most random people you know with their squads. DJ downstairs takes song requests via twitter, and the dance floor gets ratchet fast.

BEST FOR: A night out

Libby’s 

My personal favorite, Libby’s is a step up from Scorps in terms of class. It’s a lot bigger, and the drinks are A LOT stronger. Dollar drinks start at the same time as Scorps, so there’s a decision to be made at 8pm. Libby’s also just redid the basement, and the vibe has never been better. Not to mention DJ SKD is probably the best DJ in New Hampshire (I’m not kidding, this guy is amazing).

BEST FOR: A night out

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!