This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Humor comes naturally to some, and those people can be found at the center of attention in most situations. You can get pretty far in life with a quick wit and a healthy sense of humor. The ability to be funny can save your skin in many situations. If you have ever taken Accounting at UNH you have seen firsthand Berube and Knowles (trying to) use humor to make the least interesting class at UNH somewhat bearable. (Whip-its and Bourbon anyone?) I find a lot of people to be funny, but the following Wildcats top the list.

Introducing: The Funniest People at UNH.

[pagebreak]

Scott Cavanaugh

Scott is a junior R.A. in stoke, and was recently crowned the legitimate “funniest person at UNH” I’ve met Scott once, and shortly after introducing himself to me in HOCO he proceeded to  pick up my food and feed me, what a gentleman!

Do you think you’re funny?

I know I’m probably supposed to be humble and say no, people just think I am.  But I can’t… I’m hilarious… also handsome…also single… ladies?   But truthfully it’s easier when you’re surrounded by funny people.  Most of my friends are funny too, which just makes laughing easier.  The trick is to surround yourself with funny people.

Why do your friends think you are funny?

My friends think I’m funny because I pay them to.  No, but seriously, I don’t know if they think I’m funny, probably just annoying.  Also I don’t think I have friends.  Except on Facebook, which is the true measure of friendship and popularity.

Any funny stories?

I once fell into the ocean, off a dock when I was four. Started screaming, even though the water was waist deep and I was wearing a life jacket.  My mom jumped into save me, then I got mad at her for saving my life, because my screaming hadn’t gotten enough attention from other families at the beach. The truth is I had a crush on the lifeguard and wanted CPR. Come to find out she wasn’t actually a life guard, she was a beached whale… selfish whale.  Memories.

Funniest thing to happen to you?

Peed on myself during freshman orientation. Sat down to pee (don’t judge) and literally missed the toilet completely and destroyed my shorts.  The good thing was I was wearing gray so every single unh freshman could see it.  I had a huge beard at the time too, and a sun burn. So the skin pealing urine beard combo was probably the best way to start my career at UNH.  Can’t fall lower than the floor!!!

Any go-to jokes/ pick-up lines you use:

Best pickup lines are as follows: You smell like trash, may I take you out?  I’ll be Burger King and you be McDonald’s. I’ll have it my way, and you’ll be lovin’ it.   I googled these, when I read this question.  Plus I always reference classy restaurants when I get the chance.

Any funny tweets you want to be in the article?

Once tweeted…  With my beard I look like I’m 25, when I shave it I look like I’m 16 and when I take my shirt off I look like I’m 40.

[pagebreak]

Olivia Hammick

Olivia is a sophomore accounting major with a major crush on Berube. Olivia is without a doubt the funniest person I have ever met. I don’t think there has ever been a conversation I had with Olivia that didn’t end with me laughing way too loudly.

Do you think you’re funny?

Okay no I don’t think I’m funny I think people think I’m funny because the most random bizarre things happen to me and laugh at how I react.

Any funny stories?

The funniest thing that’s ever happened to me happened at work. I work at a restaurant and one of the Mexican cooks one day asked if I’d marry him in exchange for $15,000, the sad part was that as a poor college student I almost considered it for a minute.

Also one time I was walking down Main Street going home and I walked past a girl and she started yelling at me to “eat her diarrhea” it was weird and kind of crazy.

I asked Olivia to tell me something about herself and she said “I’m from Avon, Connecticut and I’m obsessed with fireworks?? I don’t know I’m having a brain fart”

She is absolutely hilarious on twitter, if you ever need a good laugh just look her up @BananaHammick.

Some funny tweets include:

@BananaHammick: Girl just asked me if I “was seriously listening to Blink 182” HA like do you seriously have a mustache… in both cases the answer is yes

@BananaHammick: Can you imagine waiting in a room for 20 yrs of your life with no pizza or games and then your Prince Charming ends up being Lord Farquaad 

@BananaHammick: Executive decision my first two children will be named Raymour and Flanagan

[pagebreak]

Nick Sindorf

Nick is a sophomore from Lake Winnepesaukee who lives in the Gables, B tower 403 (come one come all). His friends describe him as “the wicked funny tall kid that is down to drink any minute of the day, and pregames the pregame, he’s always the dj”

Do you think you’re funny?

I’d consider myself a pretty funny guy. I mean people laugh when I say stuff so I hope they’re not just laughing at me.

Any funny stories?

There’s been a lot of funny stories, probably couldn’t tell you all of them. I guess one that sticks out is when I was at this party a few summers back, we all heard the cops might come and break it up so the host called off the party. He lived next to a pony farm I guess you could call it, and when I was leaving I thought why not see if I can get one of the ponies to get me a lift back to my friends place. I walked behind it and went out to pet it and it kicked me in the throat. I fell into the mud and had to explain to my friend’s parents why I ruined their couch when I slept on it that night. Shit happens.

If you want a good laugh though just watch me play golf. Honestly people can’t fail at something more than I do with 18 holes. The management had to ask me to leave because I had been stuck on the 1st three holes for 2 hours

Any go to jokes/pick-up lines?

I don’t think I’ve ever had a planned, successful pickup line. I heard this kid at a party say “Did you sit in a pile of sugar? Because you’ve got a pretty sweet ass.” And it worked. Kid’s been my idol ever since.

How about Twitter?

Twitters the sh*t, I think it’s hilarious. I feel like I got a good handle on my twitter game, but if there’s one thing I gotta say about my twitter is that I’ve been trying to get #theaustinshow trending for like 6 months now. All I do is tweet about my roommate Austin and all the awkward shit he gets himself into. People need to know about it, hopefully this gets it out there

[pagebreak]

Katie Lavalee

Do you think you’re funny?

I have always been an outgoing person. I wouldn’t necessarily give myself the title of “funny”. I like to think of myself as shameless. When awkward situations come up, I embrace them. For example, one time I was walking behind a guy on campus, and thinking that he was my friend, I totally grabbed his butt. When this guy turned around and turned out to be a complete stranger, I just looked at him and said, “I’m sorry I touched your butt. However, now that I have touched your butt, I think we should exchange phone numbers because I feel extremely close to you now.” He ended up laughing, and I got his phone number. I wouldn’t recommend “butt grabbing” to make new friends, but in my situation, it worked. I first realized that I was actually kind of funny when I auditioned for Improv Anonymous, UNH’s one and only improv comedy group. I auditioned with about 25-30 people, and was the only person to make it in! Improv comedy is a huge part of my life. It’s all about taking risks and working with your stage partners to create a funny scene. In improv comedy, everything is made up on the spot. A lot of people wonder how I can come up with funny things to say off the top of my head, and the truth is, I don’t even think about it too much. It just happens. It would be a dream for me to travel to Chicago and be a part of Second City Improv, where famous comedians such as Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, and Steve Carell got their start. After that, maybe I’ll get the opportunity to audition for SNL.

Why do you think your friends find you funny?

I guess the reason people think that I am funny is because I don’t mind embarrassing myself once in a while. I could trip and fall and have my skirt fly up and underwear exposed in front of the cutest guy on campus, and still be able to crack a joke about it. It’s important for individuals, especially those who are self-conscious, to realize that awkward and embarrassing moments will always happen. But if you just learn to shake it off and realize that no one will remember that embarrassing thing you did at that one party, you can begin to focus on the things that really matter. For me, confidence, laughter, friendship, and family are the things that create value in life. When I use my humor to make others happy, I feel accomplished. So don’t be afraid to be a little silly now and then. As difficult as it is, try not to care too much about what others think. Be happy with who you are, and know that life’s too short to be serious all of the time. I believe that one of the greatest things a person can do is spread laughter to others. So let loose, have fun, and LAUGH!

How about twitter?

I post A LOT of funny stuff on twitter, and I can be followed at @katielavalee9

[pagebreak]

Bill Cullinane

Bill is a sophomore journalism major from Walpole, Mass. His friends describe him as a “big ball of fun that is always a good time, and he loves his rubi” Bill is always friendly and outgoing, and will treat you like he’s known you his whole life.

Do you think you’re funny?

I’d like to think that nobody really considers themselves to be that funny…but I guess I’d also like to think I don’t completely suck to be around.

The main reason people think I’m funny is probably my complete lack of a filter. Generally speaking, I really don’t care what most people think about me so I tend to just say whatever’s going through my head. I mean for example, last night I got in a legit shouting match with a manager of Dominos in Norwood, Massachusetts. Dropped the c word a few times. Not proud of myself. I’m definitely not the conventional type of funny, definitely not clown funny, more often I just make observations that other people find funny.

How about Twitter?

All my tweets are about being an alcoholic loser

@Big_Bill78: Eating pepperoni out of the bag like a savage right now

@Big_Bill78: Also, apparently presidents don’t deserve their own day around here

[pagebreak]

Jennie DaSilva

Jennie is a good time, no bio needed. You can find her rolling around 3 long in Stoke, getting into rap battles and dance offs. She “gets funky on the mike like an old batch of collard greens” almost daily.

Do you think you’re funny?

I think I definitely have my moments, but I really think it’s just me being goofy and having funny reactions to what people do and say. I definitely love to make light of awkward situations rather than cover it up or ignore it like a lot of people do. My friend group at home is just all a bunch of characters, so we definitely all bounce off each other’s humor.

I think my friends like my delivery. I’ve been told that when I have something really funny to say I get visibly excited about it and make a certain face. They definitely love that I make fun of myself often and they say I get creative with my humor. Some of my guy friends at the gables were having an ugly sweater party, and I got the idea for my girlfriends and I to print pictures of all the boys’ faces and put them on our sweaters.. Ha. get it… ugly sweaters. Anyways that’s probably one of my favorite stories.

Side note, Jennie is the type of person that laughs the hardest at her own jokes.

Any go-to jokes/ pick up lines?

I don’t have any go-to’s, but I tend to quote movies a lot. But it only works when you’re talking to people that do the same. Nothing’s worse when you deliver a great movie quote and no one has any idea what you’re talking about

How about Twitter?

@jends02: I’m calling today “Jennie DaSilva’s: A Series of Unfortunate Events”

@jends02: If you tell me what time dinner is I’m gonna circle the kitchen like a vulture at least 20 minutes prior to that time

@jends02: I’m embarrassed to say that I just watched that new Kia soul hamster ad on YouTube for way longer than I should have before pressing skip

@jends02: Not feeling that bad about it being Monday because destiny’s child is blasting though my headphones and I feel sassy as all hell

[pagebreak]

Erik Gallant

Erik is a junior business major from Tyngsboro, Mass.  His nominator, Samantha Madden, describes him as a “fashionable goon” who loves to party a little too hard on his birthday, puke outside, and then wait till the morning while still intoxicated to try to shovel it off.

Any funny stories?

Funniest story was back in a freshman class in college I was getting out of my seat to leave and ripped my pants wide open exposing half of my ass for my walk home.

He explicitly told me that he “doesn’t want to give away his pick up lines”

How about twitter?

@E_GaLLanT : Does anyone want to partake in some adult beverages in my apartment style dorm?

@E_GaLLant: @selenagomez I’m ready to go get it, DM me

@E_GaLLant: Winter break is Purgatory.

[pagebreak]

Sarah McCann

Sarah is a senior here at UNH, and a fellow HerCampus writer! She was recently featured in our “meet the cuties article” but who knew she was this hilarious?

Do you think you’re funny?

Do you think you’re funny? I know I’m supposed to say no to this, but I find myself laughing at my own jokes all the time…not sure if that makes me funny or a loser…

I asked them all in a group message and they said it’s because I’m “sarcastic, witty, and quick to the point. Also, my mind goes to places nobody else’s goes and I usually follow it up with a ridiculous laugh that you hate to love”

Any funny stories?

Let’s see…one time in high school it was my first swim team practice when I was a freshman and my coach asked us in a group what we already know how to do. Not having a filter, I said “I’m really good at doggie style!” I MEANT to say doggie paddle but needless to say it made for an awkward three years with Coach Van DerBeken.

Funniest thing to happen to you:

My friend had just moved into his new apartment and had us all over for his first party. I went into the bathroom with the girls, sat on the sink, and slowly felt it detaching from the wall until it shattered on the floor. I lied about it for 3 years and acted like the precious owners installed it wrong until I finally came clean. I’m a horrible person. (picture of my reconciliation below)

Any go-to jokes/pick-up lines you use?

Not my thing when it comes to actually picking people up, but a good one to joke with your friends is “Did you know you’re 65% water? Because I’m thirsty.”

How about twitter?

If you would like to get a first-hand look inside my unfiltered brain, follow me @sarahmc_

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!