This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Thanksgiving is the day we appreciate everything we have, including friends and family. Before heading home for the holidays a “Friendsgiving” is the perfect way to get in the Thanksgiving spirit. Although it has now already passed, these recipes are easy and delicious to use for next year.

Chipotle Turkey Sandwich 

What’s Thanksgiving without turkey? Instead of cooking a whole bird ,which is difficult and time consuming, this alternative spices things up. Just pick your favorite bread, get some sliced turkey from a deli (I recommend honey smoked) and some chipotle aioli sauce and any of your favorite toppings. After spreading the sauce on the bread and layering it with turkey and toppings, to add to it place the sandwich into a George Foreman grill and press it into a panini. 

Parmesan Stuffed Potatoes 

What would we do without potatoes? They taste good in any form but these parmesan stuffed potatoes are easy to make and share. Just take a medium sized russet potato and cut it in half. Microwave these potato halves on high for 15 minutes until they’re tender. Then scoop out a large spoonful of the potato and place the insides in a bowl. Mix with a sprinkle of pepper, melted butter, grated parmesan cheese and some basil. After stirring these all together spoon them back into the potato and cook in the oven for 15 minutes on 425 F.

Bacon Wrapped Mozzarella 

For this side dish you only need 3 ingredients. Freeze mozzarella cheese sticks for 3 hours then take a strip of  raw bacon and wrap it all the way around, covering the cheese completely. Next you put a small amount of oil in a frying pan and let the bacon wrapped mozzarella sizzle on low until all sides of the bacon is cooked. 

Egg Rolls with a Filling of your Choice 

These are a perfect appetizer. You just need to buy egg roll wraps from a grocery store and place the filling of your choice in the middle of the wrap, my favorite is buffalo chicken. Next you wrap the roll up by placing the bottom of the roll over first, then the two sides, then roll the rest up until it is wrapped up. After wrapping your rolls, let them sizzle until crispy on low in a frying pan that has been buttered. 

Sautéed Green beans 

All you need for this side is green beans and some salad dressing. Boil the green beans in salted water after cutting off the stems until they are tender. Then put them in a frying pan and lightly cover them with light italian dressing. To spice it up you can also drizzle some balsamic dressing also. Let them simmer on a low heat then they are ready to eat!

Simple Baked Mac and Cheese

Mac and cheese is one of the most underrated foods. If you don’t have time to go all out and make your own baked mac and cheese, this is much more simple and just as good. Make the desired amount of original Kraft mac and cheese but when adding in the milk, butter, and cheese, replace the milk with a splash of cream. After mixing this all together pour it into a pan. Then sprinkle the top with bread crumbs, cheddar and mozzarella cheese. Place the pan in the oven on 350 F until the cheese is melted.

Chocolate Raspberries 

To top off Friendsgiving there has to be dessert. Buy some fresh raspberries and place an M&M inside each one. To add to this, drizzle chocolate sauce over the berries.

Food is a big part of Thanksgiving but the most important part is the people who you spend it with. These Friendsgiving recipes are low stress and put a twist on Thanksgiving.  I am thankful for a successful Friendsgiving and Thanksgiving, and before you know it, it will be back again.

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!