This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Here are some things I highly recommend that have entertained me and made my heart happier this week!

Listening: “Schnitt Talk” and “Berning in Hell”

Both of these podcasts are amazing, extremely addictive, and highly binge-worthy.

“Schnitt Talk” is a Barstool Sports podcast hosted by Ellie Schnitt. Ellie and her producer Alanna keep listeners up to date on their personal lives on subjects such as their recent therapy visits, relationship or career advice and breaking stigmas surrounding socially “taboo” topics of conversation. Each week they sit down with a new guest and start the conversation. Every episode is guaranteed to make you smile and is super relatable.

“Berning in Hell” is hosted by Hannah Berner who grills each guest on their own version of hell, their insecurities and their takes on the seven deadly sins. She doesn’t take it easy on these guests whether they’re the CEO of a big company, a social media star or an actor. She jumps from topic to topic with segments such as “when was the last time you were depressed,” to “the seven deadly sins game”. It’s really interesting to listen to these successful individuals reflect on how they got to where they are and how they survived their own personal struggles. Though the topics sometimes get a little dark, the witty banter and learned lessons make this podcast easy to listen to. 

Watching: How to Get Away with Murder and Selling Sunset

Just a warning: these series are insanely addictive and filled with drama.

How to Get Away with Murder is a series with 5 seasons on Netflix. It’s centered on a law professor and a group of students that commit crimes while practicing the law and trying to avoid it. The characters are all dynamic and vulnerable in their own ways and the plot gets deeper and more messy each episode. HTGAWM will take you on a huge roller coaster of emotions before you’re even on the second season.

Selling Sunset is a new series on Netflix. It has one season which has 8 episodes and features a group of competitive, catty real estate agents with million dollar listings. In some scenes you can feel the tension between the group of mostly female agents through the screen. It’s like a mix of Housewives of Beverly Hills and Property Brothers and even the women on the show compare it to high school.

Reading: Five Feet Apart and Save the Date

These heartfelt books will have you laughing out loud one minute and then crying the next.

Five Feet Apart by Rachael Lippincott is a book turned movie and is currently in theaters starring Cole Sprouse and Haley Lu Richardson; two patients enduring in-patient treatment for cystic fibrosis while falling in love. Stella is a girl obsessed with controlling her future and positive outcomes and Will is a new patient that doesn’t care about order and just wants to leave treatment to travel the world once he turns eighteen. The heartbreaking part is that they can only be five feet apart or else their lives will be in jeopardy.

Save The Date by Morgan Matson is basically a rom-com following a girl named Charlie whose older sister is getting married at their childhood home before their parents sell it. Charlie wants the weekend to be perfect but almost everything that could go wrong goes wrong. While she tried to fix every little problem, she gets help from the wedding planner’s nephew. The failures will make you laugh while the family drama will make you appreciate your own family.

HCXO
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!