Five Things to Make You Feel Refreshed For the New Year!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

The time has come when the year is basically over! It feels like yesterday we stepped into 2018. With all of the craziness towards the end of the year, we got these five things to make you feel refreshed and organized to step into the New Year!

1. Cleaning and decorating your workspace.

(photo by Alexandru Acea)

Having a nice and clean space to do your work before winter vacation starts, lets you take a little stress off of your workload. Also, who doesn’t love redecorating their office??

2. Getting a new yearly planner

(photo by Estée Janssens)

For someone like me, constantly juggling club meetings, work, and classes; creating the time to start up a new planner is so refreshing. I create a bullet journal that allows you to personalize your own planner!

3. Creating a chill playlist

(photo by Mariah Ashby)

As this hectic year wines down, creating a nice playlist to get you through the last work grind. Spotify is a great place to search some relaxing music, but if you need something more upbeat to gear your focus, look up stay awake and focus! on Spotify!

4. Creating a thought out schedule for next year

(photo by Glenn Carstens-Peters)

Whether you have your whole life figured out or not, having a schedule of just basic time planning will help you out greatly. it will allow you to construct a better time management persona, and you will be thanking yourself in the long run for it. Pro-tip: I like to put all my basic meeting times like class, club meeting, ect, in my my planner, but update them with more details as the dates come closer to them!

5. Create one SMART (Specific, Measurable, Acceptable, Realistic and Time-bound) goal

(photo courtesy of toolshero)

Creating one goal you want to achieve during the New Year will bring you a better outlook, and will make you thrive to create another one! The whole point of a SMART goal is to allow yourself to make a small goal and work your way up to bigger ones. **Remember, this is made for your own pace, don’t feel pressured to rush this goal to keep up with other’s. Everyone get succeeds at their own pace**

So there you have it! These are five things that will help you feel more refreshed and organized for the upcoming year! This my take on some of the things that help me get into a better perspective for the next year, and I hope this has helped you too!

Just a very down to Earth girl, loving memes on the daily. Insta: @hannah_simpson__
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!