This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Ever have the problem of wanting to go out with friends straight from a holiday get-together with family? This may cause you some confusion on how to dress, how to do your makeup, and how to accessorize. Worry no more! With these tips, you’ll go from family holiday party to going-out-ready in minutes!

Makeup and Hair

Showing up to the family party, you might have on your everyday or natural (but cute) makeup look.

Upon leaving…

…give your eyes a quick swipe of mascara to turn those lashed into wings…

…then give your lips a POP with some pink lipstick!

Now on to your hair…

Using the popular and festive curled hair, a cute ponytail will be flattering and casual during your family party!

As for when you’re leaving and going off to where the real party is… Let that pony tail loose and get this final look!

Outfit

Hey, there’s nothing wrong with wearing an ugly Christmas sweater…

…actually, the best part of them is that they are baggy and no one says you can’t wear a cute and even festive crop top under it to make a quick and easy change!

or 

Shoes

From edgy combat boots to stylish heeled booties!

With these easy and simple tips, you’ll be party-ready from a festive family get-together in minutes!

My name is Giselle Pimentel and I am a Freshman at the University of New Hampshire.
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!