Fashion Statements Emmys 2013

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

What better way to get in touch with the latest fashion trends than watching the 2013 Emmy Awards? The red carpet is a fun and exciting way for celebrities to express themselves through their unique fashion choices. From classy to trashy, elegant to bold, celebrities fill the red carpet with an array of unique gowns. There appeared to be some trending styles and colors this year at the Emmy Awards.  Green is the new black! From gowns to jewelry emeralds were the stars of the red carpet. Actress Sophia Vergara flaunts a simple red dress complimented by emerald stone earrings. Purple, otherwise known as the royal shade was another popular color worn by Heidi Klum. Klum sported an updo with her sparkling pomegranate Versace gown.

Other trends included sheer bottom dresses worn by actress and singer, Julianne Hough. The sheer material allowed celebs to show off their lean legs on the red carpet. 

Bold! Bold! Bold! Red lips took the cake for popular beauty looks this year. Celebrities flaunting bright tomato red lips added the perfect touch to their red carpet look. Hairstyles ranged from loose curls to extravagant updos. Among the best dressed the public voted Tina Fey in a tight blue Narcisco Rodriguez dress and Claire Danes in a white dress with a plunging neckline. Both simple yet stunning gowns. Last years trends, bold and bright, this years trends emeralds and red lips. What new fashion trends will the 2014 Emmy Awards bring?

Communication major and senior at the University of New Hampshire
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!