This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Blush is an essential part of any girls every day makeup routine. Used to enhance the cheeks, skipping blush can lead to a washed out, mono-tone face. Although high end blushes can be expensive, many girls, including myself, find blush to be a worthwhile investment. Blushes last a long time so there is no need to worry about getting your moneys worth. Here are some of my personal favorites as well as other brands I haven’t tried, but are personal favorites of our Her Campus readers and writers! 

Maybelline “Dream Bouncy Blush” 

Price: $7.99

This is a blush I have been using since High School. It’s a great alternative to brand name blushes and works really well. It’s a cream blush that has a strong tint, so you don’t have to use a lot to get the results you want. I started with the lighter shades, my favorite being “rose petal pink” which was perfect for the summer and springtime. Last week I purchased the shade “Plum Wine” as a more wintery shade. The color looks great and I’m loving the change up. 

Sephora “Colorful Blush”

Price: $15

“I use sephora brand in rose petal for a cheaper option! It looks natural in the winter and summer so I can use it all year round.” – Lauren Bushey 17’  UNH Her Campus writer

Sephora “Double Contouring Cream Blush”  

Price: $16 

“This blush stays on longer because it’s a cream blush. It’s also more pigmented so you don’t need a lot. It’s a less expensive version of a high end cream blushes. I use it as a lip stain as well” – Jane Leven ’17 UNH Her Campus editing staff 

Josie Maran “Coconut Water Cheek Gelée

Price: $22

“It’s a product people don’t like to splurge on, but I feel like it’s essential! I use the color pink escape. It’s an oil based blush but it can be built up. I actually like using it more on my lips” 

-Sarah Dennis 17’ UNH Her Campus reader

MAC Mineralized Blush 

Price: $27

“The MAC ‘New Romance’ mineralize blush is a great blush to use for all seasons! I especially love to use it in the winter because it gives your pale cheeks a pop of subtle color. It has some light shimmer within the blush which is a nice touch!” – Morgan McCarthy ’17 UNH Her Campus writer 

Benefit Cosmetics “Dandelion”

Price: $28

“ It stays on for a long time compared to other blushes I’ve used. I also use their bronzer “Hula” and it sticks to it really well” – Jenna Davis 17’  UNH Her Campus “Campus Cutie” writer

NARS “Blush” 

Price: $30

“It stays on throughout the day and it isn’t too powdery even though its a powder blush. It has always given me the best color. I use “torrid” which is a light coral/ peach color. Another popular one is orgasm because its a little bit darker” – Grace Yanagi ’17 UNH Her Campus reader

“ I use ‘Deep Throat’ by NARS everyday, every season. It has touches of pink and gold that helps me look more alive especially in the winter. For a nighttime look I use ‘Orgasm’ by NARS. It’s a little darker than ‘deep throat’ and has more golden accents. – Emma Rayner ’16 UNH Her Campus writer

Urban Decay “Naked Flushed” 

Price: $32

“I love Urban Decay’s ‘Naked Flushed’ palette! It offer’s a blush, a bronzer, and a highlighter that I can use for literally every day of the week, which is one of the reasons why I love it so much. I can use the same palette before class and before going out on Saturday nights. It’s not like a pre-mixed blush that makes your skin look fake either. You get to decide how much of each you want to put on your face so it always looks natural.” – MaryKate Lampron ’16 UNH Her Campus writer 

NARS “multiple stick”

Price: $39

“Absolutely obsessed with the Nars multiple stick. It’s so awesome because you can use it as a bronzer, cream blush, eyeshadow and for your lips. Especially when you’re in a rush in the mornings you can just use it and a bit of mascara and you’re good to go. Love love love.” 

– Phoebe McPherson ’16 UNH Her Campus editor 

Yves Saint Laurent “Blush Volupte”

Price: $47

“I use Yves Saint Laurent Blush Volupte. It’s a little more expensive but it’s not too sparkly and the color is pretty subtle which allows you to build up the color (or not). It lasts a super long time and its great quality (definitely worth the investment). Plus it comes in a bunch of pretty shades!” – Amanda Brauer ‘16 UNH Her Campus writer