This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

No. 1 – Always Go with a Buddy: Although this may seem like common sense, some people may want to try experiencing a concert alone. I would not recommend this because no matter how much you know an area and how cautious you are, you never know what can happen. Having a friend or family member go with you is always a smart idea. Not only will you have someone to share this exciting experience with, but if something were to happen, you would not have to worry about being all alone. I especially recommend this if you are going to a concert where you will be in general admission. People can get crazy when there is no control and being alone can be not only scary but in some circumstances, dangerous. 

No. 2 – Be Prepared for Anything: This tip is more specific to standing-room-only general admission. As I said previously, people can get crazy when there is no control in such a big area. Be prepared to get hit, elbowed, kicked, punched and pushed around. Some people will do anything to try and get into your space, especially if you are front row. I also caution everyone to be careful if you have piercings. I was recently front row at a Lil Uzi Vert concert, and three-quarters of the way through the concert, my double helix piercings got ripped out of my ear. I lost the jewelry and I was bleeding. Luckily, the security was amazing and they brought me to the EMT. It may seem unlikely that something like this could happen, trust me, I was just as shocked as you are, but you really do need to be prepared for anything. 

No. 3 – Know Your Surroundings: If anything bad were to happen, it is so important to know where you are, where you are parked and how to escape. As you wait outside, make sure to take in your surroundings. Things like what streets you are on or near, what buildings are nearby, how far it is to your car and even how far is it to the next crowded public area. Keeping track of things like these can not only help you know how to escape but can also be useful if you need to call for help. Once you get inside, make sure you can locate where all of the nearest emergency exits are. Make an escape plan in your head for if something were to happen. 

No. 4 – Have Fun: Even though the other tips on this list are things that you may not want to think about or hear, they are just as important as having fun. Make sure you take in all of the lights, sounds, people and moments. Seeing your favorite artist live is so much fun. Take some videos and pictures to have as memories, but also soak in some moments without technology and be in the moment. It can be such a weird feeling to realize that you are in the same room as your idols and that they are normal people too. 

Author’s Note: Thank you for reading my article! I hope these tips can help you feel better prepared for any concerts you may go to now or in the future. Concerts are so fun and although expensive, the memories are so worth it. Plus, money can always come back. If you have never been to a concert, I hope you get to experience one soon! Have a good winter break and thank you again!

I enjoy spending time with my boyfriend as well as my friends and family. I have a cat names Max. My favorite hobby is going shopping.