This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

To the class of 2020, (especially our HC girls)

I’m sorry. I can’t not imagine how you feel right now. 

We started 2020 off to a good start, now we are three months in and have a national- no, global emergency. This pandemic took away the rest of the spring semester, and is spreading like wildlife. It has caused havoc and chaos for some and sadness, depression and fear among others. It is something that will go down in history, i mean it is postponing so many important things, and canceling major events. I’m sorry our time has been cut short. So, with a heavy heart, before you walk off into real adult life, I just wanted to say a few words.

First off, Thank you. 

Thank you for showing me the ultimate college experience. For some of you, it was taking me out on the dance floor, others it was late night calls and drives around campus. Thank you for being role models, for influencing me to be my best self, to strive for my goals and to make sure I have fun while I do it. Some of you I became the best of friends with, and I cherish those friendships always. 

Secondly, best of luck out there! 

I can’t imagine the rush you are feeling knowing you will all be within the real world- but don’t worry! All of you are more than ready, whether you think it or not. You are all smart and intelligent and will always put your best foot forward. I wish you the best of luck with everything, the jobs, the life, loved ones, everything. Nothing but the best of luck out there, you’re going to kill it. 

Mostly, Once a Wildcat, always a Wildcat/Something to be proud of. 

Like they say, “Everyday is a great day to be a Wildcat!”, so don’t forget about us. Come to homecoming tailgates, alumni events, heck even just to visit! I’ll miss you so much, campus of course will not be the same without you and you’ll forever have a home in Durham. You should all be so proud of yourselves and how far you have come… you graduated COLLEGE. Big moves. 

I do’;t want to get too sappy here, but just know we are all here for you as remote learning isn’t what we were hoping for. Soak up the memories, say goodbye to the good friends and go out into the real world, and show them who you are. 

Love you guys,

Xo

Allison

Current co-president of UNH's chapter of Her Campus
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!