In Case You Missed It… Shows to Re-Watch on Netflix

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

That time of year has come, syllabus week is far gone and now the reality of labs, exams, and loads of reading has started….as well as procrastination. How does pulling up Blackboard always turn into logging into your Netflix account? I’ll never know, but with the shows my friends and I have discovered this fall, I know I definitely won’t complain when that lovely red banner appears on my screen!  Here are a few of my favorites right now:

Hart of Dixie- Full Season 1 is on Netflix. 

Although it’s an older series (season 1 came out in 2011), I just recently discovered it on Netflix. The show is about Zoe Hart, a young doctor from New York City who is unexpectedly willed a medical practice in the small town of Blue Bell, Alabama. She meets the cute young married lawyer as well as the backwoods boy that drives the old car and plays in a rock band. Zoe makes you laugh and wish you had her life at the same time. A good one to start with your roommates as it is relatable for many.  And yes, it is possible to watch 9 episodes in a night (not that I’ve done that or anything).

Burn Notice- First 6 Seasons are on Netflix (season 7 recently finished on TV).

For the people that enjoy drama, car chases, helping the “good guy”, attractive men in suits, and really cute outfit ideas, I highly recommend this! It is about Michael Weston, a burned spy who tries to win his way back to his old job by finding out who burned him. In his quest to do that, he becomes known for helping people get out of bad situations (from kidnappings to drug lords to debt collectors, he helps people overcome it all). It’s an intense show that glamorizes high-speed car chases, explosives, and all the extravagance of living in Miami, Florida. Michaels side kick, and girlfriend, Fiona also has amazing outfit ideas, which is definitely a plus for a girl who loves fashion!

And last but not least…

Gossip Girl- If you haven’t seen it we can’t be friends (just kidding). Seasons 1 through 5 are on Netflix, season 6 ended this past year.

It’s the quintessential girlie girl show. It follows the elite Upper East Side Manhattan life of Blair, Serena, Dan, Chuck, and Nate, and is based around an online rumor site that always seems to know everything without letting any of us know how. It has everything from scandal, cover-ups, political lies, and murder…to parties, shopping, and rumors! You’ll fall in love with the boyfriends, the wardrobes, and the lives they live. The show which is unfortunately over now still has a huge following. Just from people I’ve talked to, no one is quite over the fact that it won’t be returning …it’s not just me that has watched the series finale a few more times than just once!

Okay but here’s a new show needs special mention (pretty soon you’ll be watching it over and over again)! Orange is the New Black- Season 1 is now available ONLY on Netflix.

It follows the life of Piper (Taylor Schilling), who has to leave her successful New York life and fiancé to go to prison when her one time stint smuggling drug money for her ex-girlfriend, and drug runner, Alex (Laura Prepon, Donna from That 70’s Show) finally catches up with her. It follows her struggles as a white woman surviving prison. It’s comical, filled with drama, and has that underlying love story we all crave! Just a warning…it’s super addictive!

So next time you find yourself procrastinating you’ll at least have a good excuse (because what’s a better one than juicy TV?).   

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!