Campus Celebrity: Lili Daly

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Meet Lili Daly, our new Campus Celebrity! If you don’t know Lili, just join one of the many clubs and student organizations here on campus and there is no doubt you’ll be greeted by her smiling face and shining personality which makes you feel like you are right at home. Read all about what UNH has to offer and all of Lili’s positive experiences and contributions to Wildcat Country!

Hometown: Dartmouth, MA

Year: Junior

Major:  Psychology major, Business Administration Minor

Discuss some of the organizations that you are a part of here on campus:

I have been an RA for two years. First I was an RA in Christensen my sophomore year, and this year I am an RA in the Upper Quad! One fun fact is that I actually was recently hired to be an Assistant Hall Director for my senior year! There were only four spots open for new Assistant Hall Directors and I am so happy to be one of them! I am still not sure where I will be living as an AHD, but I get my own apartment which is exciting; they’re so nice! I was also an orientation leader last summer.

What made you want to become an orientation leader?

Well, I feel like the main reason that I wanted to be a part of the orientation leader program is because I just love this place. I want to show people how great UNH is. I also did not have the best freshman orientation experience when I first came here because I was shy and it was an awkward time. My own orientation leader was great and I want to be that type of person that freshmen can turn to and trust during that transition time.

What has been one of your favorite experiences with a UNH club or organization?

I would say my experience with Global Brigades last year during the J Term was an amazing experience. This trip was just grounding and inspirational. This was an 8 day trip to Nicaragua where we had the opportunity to provide medical parasite medicine to children and other people in the village because they get diseases from walking in the dirt. We also were able to play and spend time with the children. I have also enjoyed my Alternate Break Challenge trip to West Virginia last year! After all my experiences with ABC as well as Global Brigades, I am now looking forward to actually leading a Habitat for Humanity trip to Louisiana this spring break! We are planning on driving down there and then hitting all points of interest on the way back after helping out! I am very excited for this trip especially since it is the first time I will be leading a group like this.  

Why UNH?

I just love the vibe of UNH. I remember I toured the campus and loved it. The very next day I toured UMaine and I hated it! It was rainy and awful. I also wanted to be close to my parents, so I mainly looked at schools in the New England area so I could easily go home if I had to! UNH was the perfect location for me.

What is your favorite part about being a part of these orgs?

My favorite part about being involved is making connections with different types of people. You get to learn a lot about other people and yourself while experiencing new things together!

What advice would you give an incoming freshman that may be hesitant to join clubs/orgs at UNH?

Leave your door open, go to an RA social, be active in the dorm, and just start small talk with anyone and everyone. You can only get to know people by initiating conversation and putting yourself out there.  

What are your career goals?

I just want to be surrounded by good people and be happy! In terms of career goals, I would like to work for something along the lines of student affairs in a college with a focus in counseling and organizational behavior.

What do you like to do in your free time?

I love to go to the dining hall! I am a born and raised HoCo person, but I also have a soft spot for Philly! I also love watching shows on Netflix. Right now I am into Vampire Diaries and Criminal Minds.

All photos courtesy of Lili Daly. 

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!