Call Her Daddy: The Podcast that “Has Changed Lives”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

BAAAABBBYYY!!! We’re BACK at it again with a new article from HerCampus UNH. I am your current author, Emma Porter, here to present the new article to you. Today we’re going to be talking about the podcast Call Her Daddy, hosted by Alexandra Cooper and Sofia Franklyn through Barstool Sports, and explaining why (in my opinion) they have made such an influence on women in college and their 20s.

For those of you who have been living under a rock for the past year, Call Her Daddy is a podcast in which Alex and Sofia give you all the sex tips you would ever need to know, all whilst telling some of their funniest and most embarrassing stories. They also give out “relationship” advice (take note of the quotes around relationship) and do Q&A with fans who comment and want the founding father’s take on a situation that they are in. If you like to laugh your butt off and don’t take yourself too seriously, I highly recommend you go onto iTunes right now and queue up their first episode (it’s recommended to listen in chronological order).

While Call Her Daddy may have started off as just a podcast, in the year since they started it has turned into so much more; Instagram’s, vlogs, and loads on loads of merch. If you haven’t seen a girl walking around in a Call Her Daddy sweatshirt then you’re lying because you definitely have, I think I saw at least 5 today alone. Now you may be wondering, “how does a podcast about sex create this much impact?” The answer to that question is; it’s not just about the sex. The Call Her Daddy girls make women feel empowered. It’s not common to hear women talk so openly about sex, and Sofia and Alex make sure that women know that it’s okay – encouraged in fact – to take charge and not be afraid to say what makes you feel good.

The empowerment does go beyond the bedroom though. Somehow through all of their raunchy stories and debatably terrible dating advice, Alex and Sofia managed to empower women in their day-to-day lives as well. Part of the reason behind this is the refreshing fact that they are highly self-aware and there’s no b.s. in their advice. They don’t sugar coat things and tell you that you look good no matter what – they will tell you straight up that that high-waisted bathing suit is not flattering at all, but if you want to wear it and feel comfortable in it, then who cares! They aren’t afraid to tell you what you don’t want to hear if it means being honest.

Alex and Sofia are probably two of the most down to earth celebrities (? Influencers?) out there. They are not afraid to tell their listeners all of the dirty details of their life, including their worst moments, and how literally filthy their apartment is. Social media culture today is filled to the brim with girls trying their hardest to make their life seem perfect and make their lives look totally different from the reality of it. The daddy girls are a fresh breath of air, not only being honest about their lives and not taking themselves too seriously, but also exposing Instagram “influencers” for lying about their lifestyles, diets, and workouts.

So, to cap, I highly recommend giving the daddy girls a listen if you haven’t already. I know personally that after listening to them I’ve felt more comfortable in my own skin and to be myself. Their podcast may not be for everyone, but it does seem to resonate with a lot of people, being in the top 10 for comedy podcasts on iTunes.

Happy on the beach with some sushi
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!