jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

A Broke Girl’s Guide to a Night Out in Durham

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

It’s the third week of school here at UNH and let’s face it, all that money you made over the summer is just not going to last forever!

Yes, 21+ years olds I’m talking to you!

You already spent half of it at the bars with your hometown friends, how are you going to make it last for quality time with your school friends? Day by day you see your bank account dwindling down and though it hurts your biggest fear is yet to come… The day you’re scrounging up coins to buy a small coffee, or encountering the horrible reality of having to hold the guac at Chipotle to save yourself a couple bucks.

In college there are some things that take priority over others in the spending world. For example: a night out on the town is far more expensive than a night in watching Netflix. But the memories? Priceless.

What a tragedy it would be to have to decline an invitation out to the bars because you’re, “running low on cash.”

Can someone say FOMO???

For future weekends (and week days) in the 03824 keep in mind these local bars that offer outrageously good deals regarding not only drinks but apps that you’re just not going to be able to say no to. There’s still more than a semester and a half left until most of you are back under your parents roofs so while you still have your dignity and a somewhat sufficient bank statement take advantage of this guide to stay on top of your spending!

LIBBY’S

Sunday: $5 Pitchers of domestic beer all day & all night.

Monday: $5 Pitchers of domestic beer all day & all night.

Tuesday: $3 well drinks and $2 Coors Light & Bud Light bottles 8 p.m.- close.

Wednesday: $ 2 bud & bud light bottles 8 p.m. – close.

Thursday: 10% discount on food for all UNH students, faculty, or staff; $1 well drinks and domestic drafts from 8-10 p.m.; $3 well drinks and all drafts from 10-11 p.m.;  $2 promo bottle 8 p.m.-Close.

Friday: $3 Well Drinks 8-12 a.m. $2 Coors Light & Bud Light Bottles 8 p.m.- close.

Saturday: DURHAM’S “ORIGINAL BEAT THE CLOCK” NIGHT- Skip the rest, and go to the best.

MIXTECA

Sunday: $16 bottomless margaritas.

Monday:  $5 classic and flavored mojitos 5 p.m.- close.

Tuesday:  $2 Select tacos 4 p.m.- close. (Who doesn’t love a good taco?)

Thursday: $5 signature cocktails and cougaritas for ladies 5 p.m.-close.

Friday– $5 appetizers and half price signature cocktails, draft beer, and house wines 2 p.m.

THE KNOT

SCORPION’S BAR & GRILL (SCORPS)

Monday: $2.50 premium, $2 wells and domestics, .40 cent wings- 7-10 p.m.

Tuesday: $1 pitchers, $2 wells 8 p.m.; $4 domestic pitchers $2 wells after the kegs kick.

Wednesday: Trivia night, top 3 teams win gift certificates.

Thursday: $1 drinks 8-10 p.m. $2 drinks 10-11 p.m. $3 drinks 11-12 a.m. $4 jäger bombs 8-11 p.m.

Friday: $2 drinks 8-10 p.m. $1 drinks 10-11 p.m. $3 drinks 11-12 p.m. $2 kamikaze shots and $11 100 ounce towers 8-11 p.m.

Saturday: $2 drinks 8-10 p.m. $1 drinks 10-11 p.m. $3 drinks 11-12 a.m. $4 jäger bombs 8-11 p.m.

Because, why limit happy to an hour?

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!