“Boston, you’re my home”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Day trip to Boston

We know that Sundays are usually dedicated to the boat loads of homework we all usually have, however, if there is a Sunday where you do not have homework, don’t sit on the couch watching Netflix all day, try to make the most out of it. Boston is the perfect location for a day trip.  Hop in a car, jump on the train or even the bus and make the most out of your day. Boston is such a beautiful city, especially in the Fall!

1. Go for a nice brunch when you get in the city

If you are looking for a cute, cozy, atmosphere with great food/pastries, try Tatte Bakery. Tatte brunch menu is to die for! There are 4 different locations just outside of Boston in Cambridge, however, the most popular spot is located on Third Street. Their prices are also very reasonable which is always a plus. Hint: Their almond croissants and Shakshuka are awesome!

2. Take a stroll down Newbury Street

I am sure many of you have been to Newbury Street before and you realize it is one of the best streets in Boston, shopping galore! They have stores up and down the street that accommodate everybody. If you are not in the mood to shop, pick up some cupcakes at Georgetown or grab a cup of coffee at The Thinking Cup and do some people watching! It is probably the best street to people watch in Boston

Also: If you are looking for a good lunch spot on Newbury street, Cafeteria is the place to go! Great food and also very reasonable for such an expensive street.

3. Beacon Hill

Who wouldn’t want to walk along beautiful, brick sidewalks gazing up at the gorgeous townhomes in Beacon Hill, dreaming of one day owning one? That’s right, probably nobody. Beacon Hill is an awesome place to stroll around, especially on a beautiful fall day.

4. Relax in the Public garden

The amount of people in the city may overwhelm some people, however, there is a simple escape and it is the Boston Public Garden. The public garden is a sanctuary within the busy city of Boston. It is a beautiful place to spread out your blanket and lay down for hours.

Also: the squirrels are very friendly, bring some snacks for them and they will eat from your hand!

5. Sweet tooth craving

If you are the type of person who has an uncontrollable sweet tooth and it just needs to be satisfied while you are visiting Boston, visit Georgetown Cupcake on Newbury Street. If you are a macaroon and chocolate lover, try L.A Burdick off of Newbury Street. If you love ice cream, try Emack and Bolios (they have rice crispy cones!)

All photos by instagram: livvflorence

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!