This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Happy Women’s Month! March is all about celebrating women, and I am so grateful to have so many powerful and strong women in my life. In honor of them, I thought I would share some of my favorite young adult novels written by women, about women. 

Some Boys by Patty Blount

Some Boys is a powerful book about a young girl named Grace and her expierence after being raped. Her friends don’t believe her and she is left alone feeling powerless, until she gets stuck cleaning lockers with her rapist’s best friend. This books shows real and raw emotions and the impact it can have on a young girls life. 

Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins

Sweet Evil is the first book in a series of four. The main character is Anna, who has supernatural abilities and soon finds out she is the daughter of a fallen angel who is now a demon on earth. The series shows her struggles with faith, and her new found friend Kaiden, whose demon father is the Duke of Lust. It’s a supernatural love story that shows Anna’s strength through facing the most powerful creatures on earth.

Underwater by Marisa Reichardt

Underwater follows a girl named Morgan and the effects of a shooting at her school had on her. It follows her healing process after the shooting, displays how the trauma resulting from one can affect a person and how difficult it is to get through it. 

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Mass

This is the first book in a series of four (with more to come). I am currently reading this series right now, and I love it. It is a fantasy series about a girl named Feyre and her experiences in Faerie lands after murdering one of their own. Feyre is held in a prison sentence by Tamlin, but soon her captivity turns into something more, she could be the key to save them all. 

Until Friday Night by Abby Glines

Until Friday Night is about a teenage girl named Maggie. Maggie faces a very traumatic experience which renders her mute, until she meets West Ashby, a boy who is going through a traumatic experience of his own. It’s a realistic love story that reveals the impact of trauma on a relationship and how it can bring people together and sometimes tear them apart. 

Some More of My Favorites:

• The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen 
  • Love and Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch 
  • Girl in Pieces by Kathleen Glasgow
  • The Siren by Kiera Cass
  • City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
  • The Selection by Kiera Cass
  • The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
  • Losing the Field by Abbi Glines
  • Divergent by Veronica Roth
Casey is currently at Senior at the University of New Hampshire. She is studying English and Psychology.
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!