This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Fall has to be one of my all time favorite seasons. Don’t get me wrong, I love not having to go to school and being able to see my friends 24/7 over the summer, but there’s just something that makes fall so special. I’ve decided to share some of my favorite things that come with the fall season!

1. Leaves Changing

One of my all time favorite things about fall is the changing of leaves. In my opinion, I feel like the changing of leaves symbolizes the change of seasons; summer into fall. I love driving down the highways in New Hampshire and seeing all the different color leaves.             

2. Thanksgiving

Okay I’m going to let you in on a secret, Thanksgiving is not a holiday that I’m into. It seems so cliche, and in my opinion it’s the same food every year. We shouldn’t need one specific day to be thankful. However, my lovely readers, for some reason I am actually really excited for Thanksgiving this year! I’m not sure if it’s because I love food or…that I love food. Either way, I cannot wait for my mom’s delicious gluten free pumpkin pie and her creamed cauliflower (I am trying not to drool as I write this).

3. Apple Cider and Cider Donuts

I live for apple cider and especially apple cider donuts. I feel like nothing says fall than apple cider with some fresh cider donuts. The cider donuts have to be one of my favorite parts about fall because as I said before, I LOVE FOOD.

4. Apple Picking

Apple picking is another fall favorite of mine. I think it is something fun for all ages and so universal as in who can go. While I haven’t been apple picking in a while, I remember it was something I always looked forward to when I was little and it is still something I love to do when apple picking is in season.

Also if you looking for a delicious post Thanksgiving dessert, try this Pumpkin Gooey Cake my friend made for Friendsgiving and it is AMAZING, 10/10 recommend:

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/pumpkin-gooey-butter-cakes-recipe-1940256.amp

Communication Major  Health Management Policy Minor  AXID Tour Guide
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!