This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Music on your phone is a necessity and although iTunes is a great way to store music who wants to pay $ 1.29 per song? The app store has plenty of apps that let you download and share music for no cost at all.

Sound Cloud

Sound cloud gives you access to countless songs and remixes and with just a tap of your screen you can share it to Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr. You can listen to the sounds other users have created and even make your own to share or keep privately. It can be found in iPhone or Android app store.

Spotify

Spotify is another free app that lets you listen to music for free with the small price of commercials. With a small fee you can upgrade to commercial free listening but a few commercials never hurt anyone. You can browse the music by searching song title, artist, album, genre, playlist or even record label. 

iHeartRadio

The iHeartRadio app lets you listen to thousands of live radio stations and you can even create your own. By selecting songs or artists your personal station is made by playing similar music. This app even has a feature called the “Discovery Tuner” which lets you control how much variety you want in your music. 

Beats Music 

This music app lets you find new music and listen to your old favorites. You can tell this app where you are, who you’re with and what you’re doing and it will give you a playlist that fits the mood. You can also follow your favorite artists, love or dislike a song and select your favorite genres. Out of all these features, the best one is probably that there will never be an ad to interrupt your listening. 

NextRadio

NextRadio is a free FM radio that lets you see artist and album details and share music from your phone. The live channel guide lets you select your station by seeing what that station is playing at the moment. On this app you can even give feedback to stations with a text.

Music Player- Audio Player

This free app stores any music files you desire. You can organize it by artists, albums or in folders. This music player supports all music and audio file formats and makes it easy to find any of the songs you’re storing in your phone. 

Pandora

Pandora is a popular app that lets you create custom radio stations for any song or artist. You are given a certain number of skips and although theres commercials every few songs you’re able to upgrade to a commercial free version at a small fee. 

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!