kaizen nguy n jcLcWL8D7AQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kaizen nguy n jcLcWL8D7AQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Best Drugstore Sunscreen for your Summer Endeavors

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Coming from a girl who gets burnt from sitting in the shade. Sunscreen is a part of my life year-round. From sitting out in the summer, to skiing in the winter the right sunscreen can still help you get a tan. Also, the benefit of applying sunscreen will help protect your skin from further sun damage. A sunburn is only the visible damage you will see from too much sun exposure. What you don’t see is the damage deep in your cells. The melanin in your skin gets darker because it is trying to protect the deep layers of the skin from the sun– the reason why your skin gets darker in the summer. Here are a few sunscreens that not only protect your skin but help you tan as well.

1. A face sunscreen is crucial for the summer time because many sunscreens will clog your pores. But this sunscreen is made just for the face. The Hawaiian Tropic Weightless Face was made to ensure that your pores won’t be clogged for a reasonable price as well. 2. The Banana Boat Dry-Balance sunscreen creates a matte finish on your skin. Which means you can avoid looking shiny and avoid the layers of stickiness that we get from reapplying multiple layers of sunscreen.

3.) The next sunscreen works very well for people with sensitive skin. Neutrogena Sheer-Zinc Dry Touch sunscreen is free of fragrances and oils, which tends to irritate the skin. This sunscreen is also recommended by many dermatologists and was praised by the National Eczema foundation.

4.) The Jergens Natural Glow and Protect Daily is a multitasking sunscreen. While protecting your skin from the harsh rays, it also tans your skin. Which means you can receive your sun-kissed look faster.

5.) Yes to Cucumber Stick is a natural sunscreen that is small enough where you can stash away in your purse for touch ups and emergencies. Not only can you use this product for your skin, but also for your lips.

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!