The Best Car Jams for Every Mood

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Ever since I was little, I have been a fan of car rides. Whether it was just a short trip to the grocery store or a two-day drive to Florida, you could count on me being as happy as ever sitting in the backseat of my car. This is all thanks to music and the radio. Whether I had my little iPod touch in or was listening to the music on the radio my parents had put on, I always found myself happy to sing along.

The only thing that has changed since then is that I have the power to drive around on my own now and choose my own songs to sing along to.  Not to mention, I have now accepted I am tone-death, but that’s beside the point. Music is constantly changing and so can your taste in music, but here’s a little list I put together of songs you might think of putting on your car playlist, depending on your mood!

Happy Days Songs

Everyone has those days where they feel like nothing can go wrong. They seem to have their life in the right place and everything is coming together nicely. If the windows are down and the sun is beaming in, here’s what you should be listening to:

1.) A Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton

2.) Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus 

3.) Life is a Highway by Rascal Flatts 

4.) Shut Up and Dance by Walk the Moon 

5.) 22 by Taylor Swift 

6.) Stay a Little Longer by Brothers Osbourne

7.) House Party by Sam Hunt

8.) Love on Top by Beyonce

9.) Happy by Pharrell Williams

10.) Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper

Not So Happy Days Songs

On the contrary, everyone also has those days where they’re feeling the opposite of happy. Instead of everything falling into place, everything seems to be falling apart. But luckily for you, sometimes these are the best songs to sing along to:

1.) Hello by Adele 

2.) Sorry by Justin Bieber 

3.) Human by Christina Perri 

4.) All Too Well by Taylor Swift 

5.) White Houses by Vanessa Carlton 

6.) Breathe (2AM) by Ana Nalick

7.) Like I’m Gonna Lose You by Meghan Trainor ft. John Legend

8.) Someone Like You by Adele

9.) What Hurts the Most by Rascal Flatts

10.) Don’t Forget to Remember Me by Carrie Underwood

Everything In Between Songs

There are also those days when you aren’t necessarily happy or sad. Maybe you’re just living life, and that’s good too. Here are some songs to help you when you just want to drive aimlessly without thinking:

1.) Style by Taylor Swift

2.) Jordan Belfort by Wes Walker & Dyl

3.) Confident by Demi Lovato

4.) Stacey’s Mom by Fountains of Wayne

5.) Love Myself by Hailee Steinfeld

6.) The Harold Song by Kesha

7.) Fight Song by Rachel Platten

8.) Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson

9.) Save It for a Rainy Day by Kenny Chesney

10.) Beautiful Drug by Zac Brown Band 

Now update your playlist, get in the car and drive! 

University of New Hampshire, Class of 2018 Campus Correspondent Please contact me if you would like to join our team!
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!