This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

It doesn’t come as a shock to know that your 21st birthday is the biggest and most important day of your life. But some experiences and memories are only something you can have before you’re 21. So before that big day arrives take a moment and appreciate the little things.

You’re going to miss them.

Frat parties.

It is so socially unacceptable to step into a frat after your 21st birthday. Although you doubt it now, you’re going to miss those sweaty walls and those slippery tables that you danced to all night long on with your best friends.

Just think of all the money you’re saving!

Bars overcharge and water down their drinks like no tomorrow. Being younger than 21 is already saving you hundreds of dollars.

No waiting in lines.

Lines for the bars aren’t like frat parties where you can shove your way to the front if you know a brother there. You need to wait in line just like everybody else and wait for the bouncer to usher you in. Appreciate being able to leave your apartment at 11:00 and still get into the party by 11:30 because times will change.

You get to leave as late as you want.

There’s no rush to get to the bars at 9 p.m. so you can wait in line for two hours. You can dance around your kitchen with your roommates until midnight, then causally mosey your way down to a party without consequence.

You have more time left in college.

Think about it, all of those 21 year olds are already juniors and seniors. Their time left here is limited. Yours, however, is entirely endless. You still get to enjoy your life before the real world begins. Embrace it.

Spring Break in Mexico is still super exciting.

After turning 21 you’ll want to vacation at more local places like Miami or Vegas but before your twenty first birthday, you’ll want to leave the country for a week ASAP. Nothing’s more exciting than being legally allowed to buy drinks before your 21st.

You aren’t considered a real adult yet.

For some reason, your 21st birthday marks the entrance to adulthood more than your eighteenth does. So live up those years in between because before you know it, you’ll be paying for your electric bill and wishing you were a freshman again.

You don’t have to schedule your classes around bar themed nights.

Although Thursday nights are still popular for all of campus to start their weekend, other week nights are rarely celebrated by the under twenty one crowd. So if you can’t get rid of that three hour class on Tuesday nights, don’t worry, you aren’t missing much.

You still have something to look forward to.

You still have one more giant milestone to anticipate in your life but after it’s over, what big year are you looking forward to next? Certainly not your 30’s so soak it up now while you’re still embracing getting older rather than wishing you were getting younger.

So soak in and live up these final moments before your big celebration. Believe me, it’s going to fly by a lot faster than you’re expecting.

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!