Bad Hair Day Beanies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Having a bad hair day? No worries — a new fad in the fashion world, beanies, are here to help solve your hair troubles while keeping it cute. 

Neff beanie hats are definitely one of the more popular brands to find great beanies in virtually every color. 

Beanies are simply small, knitted hats typically worn on the back of the head and they can be seen everywhere this season. All different kinds of people from celebrities to skater boys can be seen sporting them on a day-to-day basis. This convenient cold weather accessory keeps you warm, while also making you look up-to-date with what’s in the fashion world. Beanies come in an array of colors and styles so nearly everyone who wants to rock one can find what fits their personality.

(From left to right) Ginnifer Goodwin, Miley Cyrus, Reese Witherspoon, Selena Gomez, and Ashley Tisdale all sport the trendy hats in the tabloids. 

The five fashionable celebs above are all different ages and have different styles, however from outfit to outfit one thing remains the same, the beanie. Walk the Line actress Ginnifer Goodwin keeps her outfit casually cool with her gray slouchy beanie. Goodwin chooses to cover most of her ears and forehead with the beanie, but still achieves the classic “slouchy” beanie look. While Wrecking Ball singer, Miley Cyrus continues just being Miley in her mini skirt, leopard sneakers and of course, a classic black beanie to top it all off. Miley chooses to go the more fitted route with her beanie, but you can still see some of that classic slouchy look on the back of her head. Legally Blonde star Reese Witherspoon rocks her beanie while out for the day, keeping her outfit stylish and comfortable. While some of our favorite Disney stars like Selena Gomez and Ashley Tisdale keep their outfits in style with big, slouchy beanies. These stars put beanies to the test and prove that whatever your style or age may be, you can rock a beanie. The celebs featured are obviously able to spend more than the average shopper on something as simple as a beanie, but these stylish hats are definitely made affordable for just about  anyone. Beanies are sold in a lot of different stores from a range of prices, typically anywhere from $12 – $30. Neff (featured in the first picture) is a popular band of beanies, but even stores such as Forever 21 and Charlotte Russe carry this huge trend.

Here on campus I have seen tons of girls and even boys wearing beanies around during this cold winter season. These simple hats keep you warm while keeping you stylish on the cold winter days in Durham. The best part about this new fad is literally anyone can wear one – boy or girl, short hair or long hair. Also, you can wear them in the Fall or Winter or even those colder Spring days, so you definitely get a lot of bang for your buck with this purchase. Personally, I like to wear a beanie when my hair isn’t quite doing what I want it to. It’s especially great for weekend morning ventures out of my bed and into the real world for some breakfast when I don’t have energy to get ready, but don’t want to look like a total disaster. The beanie is a perfect way to hide a bad hair day, all while remaining fashionable – a complete win-win, if you ask me. Throw on a pair of leggings, some boots and cozy oversized sweater with a beanie to top it all off and voilà, the perfect casual yet cute outfit!

Amanda received her Bachelor of Arts in Communication from the University of New Hampshire in May of 2016. During her time at the University of New Hampshire, Amanda was a member of UNH's Her Campus team serving as a Contributing Writer, Co-Social Media Manager and Co-Campus Corespondent. In addition, she was also a Chapter Advisor for five HC Chapters. It was through her internships with WGBH&PBS, SheSpeaks, Inc. and the UNH Social Media Department that Amanda realized she wanted to pursue a career in Digital Marketing and Social Media with a focus in the publishing and media industry. In her free time, Amanda likes anything involving food, hanging out by any body of water, and spending time with her amazing friends and family. Follow her on Instagram @barba_amanda
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!