Amp up your Spring Exercise Routine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

We are all familiar with spring as being a time of renewal and fun around campus; the green grass on the quads are peeking through melting snow, Kurt is beginning to park his truck in C Lot for late night snacks on the weekends and the tables outside of the coffee shops on main street are all full with students soaking up sun in between classes!

As fun as campus can be during the warmer weather, it can sometimes be hard to escape the vortex of the winter gym workout rut. Get out of the gym and into the sunshine and join the latest workout craze that can be fun for everybody with any body: road races!

1. The Half-Naked Whole Mile

This short and hilarious run is perfect for the beginner! Not only does a mile help to build up to a 5k or 10k race, you don’t have to take yourself too seriously! The ridiculous dress code helps to make fun of yourself and avoid focusing too much on your time so you can have fun with friends who look equally goofy.

Join UNH’s half-naked whole mile right here on campus May 2 on T-Hall lawn!

2. The Color Run

This one is a popular event so fun and unique you forget that you are running a 5k race! “The happiest 5k on the planet” features 4 different “color zones” where you get doused in color throughout the race only to cross the finish line looking like a rainbow.  Then, celebrate your success with friends at the finish festival complete with music and food!

The closest races in the area for this year’s tour include Loudon New Hampshire, South Portland Maine and Providence Rhode Island!

3. Mountain Mucker

Get out and enjoy the New Hampshire scenery during a 5k obstacle course on Mount Sunapee! What better way to welcome spring with an adventure so close to campus! Get down and dirty in the mud and test your abilities in all types of obstacles. This race is ideal for a novice in obstacle courses as they offer various events in which you can pick and choose to participate!

The Mountain Mucker is on May 31st in Newbury New Hampshire!

4. New England Tough Mudder

Are you ready to move on from a 5k? Do you want more of a challenge? The Tough Mudder is the race for you! This is not just a 12 mile race, but an obstacle course designed to test your strength and stamina! The best part? This race encourages partners and teams! Perfect for a great weekend with friends and family while getting a great workout.

The Tough Mudder is coming to New England May 31st and June 1st!

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!