Alexa’s 4 Favorite Fall Wardrobe Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Alexa’s 4 Favorite Fall Trends 

Break out of any wardrobe rut and be the best-dressed chick on campus by showing off some of the hottest trends for this fall season. Forget all the old fashion rules your mom taught you because styles today have no boundaries.
1. Jeans and boots:

A match made in heaven; wear any pair of skinny jeans with the perfect leather calf-length boots. A great pair of leather boots is like a fine wine, they only get better with age! So, stick with something durable that will take you through the slippery and snowy winter months. Add over the knee socks for a pop of color to complete any outfit. Polka dot knee socks are a great way to spice up a plain jeans and t-shirt combo. Faded blues and sunset hues: Mix reds and pinks with faded jeans for an effortlessly cool look. Don’t be afraid to play with color and patterns, as long as you stay in the same color family.

2. Fit to print:
Break all the fashion rules, its okay to mix stripes with polka dots or plaids and checks. The trick is to play with scale and find what works for you. Keep stripes big and bold on top, and small and skinny on the bottom. Or, pair a skinny striped t-shirt with big polka dotted shorts. Have fun with it and don’t be afraid to get a little wild.

3. Accessorize:

Start out with a basic low-key dress, like the always-stylish little black dress, or try a simple and basic skirt and top combo. Then, get creative with bold accessories. Try a chunky colorful necklace or a striped neon clutch. If you’re feeling really adventurous, try a pair of flirty and fun ankle socks underneath your wedge sandals to add in some awesome color.

4. Colorful cords:

That’s right; those corduroys that you sported in elementary school are actually back in style. Except this time they are 1000x cuter and come in an array of colors. Colored cords are the perfect match to any silk shirt; even try them with a striped sweater or polka dot cardigan! Try a mint green color; one of this seasons biggest trends.

Leah Tully is currently studying nutrition, wellness, and writing at the University of New Hampshire.