This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Sometimes I feel like all I do in college is walk. Walk to class, walk to office hours, walk to the dining hall, walk to my friends dorms/apartments, walk to the gym, walk back home. Doing the same walking routes everyday for an entire semester can feel a bit monotonous and boring at times. And let’s be real, no one wants to pay for a parking spot every time you have to go somewhere on campus, plus half the time, you can’t find a spot anyways. Over the last two years I have found the best way to keep my walks bearable or even enjoyable is by listening to podcasts. Podcasts can be very niche and it can be difficult to find one you actually enjoy and can get lost in on your 25 degree walk. So, here are my top four favorite podcasts that offer a variety of content for everyone. 

What We Said.

This is THE podcast that introduced me into this wonderful world of podcasts. Jaci Marie and Chelsey Jade are two social media influencers that will definitely give you a laugh when you need it. Between the bestie banter and pop culture references, they make this podcast enjoyable for young women. From topics like eating healthily and manifesting your goals for 2023, to covering the Selena Gomez and Hailey Bieber drama, there is a wide variety of episodes to choose from. I like to listen to this podcast when I need to destress or just enjoy some fun girl talk and catch up on pop culture. 

On Purpose with Jay Shetty. 

On Purpose is one of the most listened to podcasts in the world, and I never understood why, until I began to listen consistently. This podcast definitely falls under the category of “self help” but the wisdom Shetty shares will get you hooked. He was a former monk and brings a lot of lessons he has learned into his podcasts and teaches you how to apply them to your life. The guests he brings on nearly every week range from doctors who explain how to manage your mental health, to Kendall Jenner and how she deals with her anxiety on a day to day basis. The wisdom in this podcast is unmatched and can help direct you on the right path of becoming your best self. 

Armchair Expert with Dax Shepard.

Hosted by famous actor/ comedian Dax Shepard, this podcast truly is one of the funniest I’ve listened to. The reason I love listening to this podcast is because of the guests Shepard has on. Between Ashton Kutcher, Kristen Bell, Prince Harry, Barack Obama, Jenna Ortega and Pamela Anderson (just to name a few), there is an endless amount of interesting and funny content to listen to on your way to class. Shepard gives us all the secrets of Hollywood and allows us to peek into the untouchable lives of celebrities (like Prince Harry) and how their everyday life can be normal too. This podcast is the perfect mix of funny yet very informative on why people do the things they do and gives insight into their lives.

In Your Feelings: Thought Catalog. 

We all have THOSE days. The one’s where we feel all alone, depressed or anxious. It’s inevitable and happens to everyone. This podcast by Bianca Sparacino handles heavy topics such as trauma, death, anxiety, and breakups in a very gentle yet healing way. Sparacino shares the constant reminder that you are not alone, you are not the only person who has felt this way before, and you can overcome whatever you’re going through with the right tools. She also shares her poetry (which is all over VSCO these days) and I find it so comforting to hear the words she shares when I’m feeling like life is happening to me, not for me. Her personal stories give you insight into how everyone is going through very similar feelings, they’re just hiding them and how no matter how isolated or sad you feel, there will always be someone who understands what you’re going through.

University of New Hampshire '25 Business Admin: Information Systems & Business Analytics.