8 Reasons Why You Don’t Need a Guy in College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

1. Academics should be your priority. You are paying thousands of dollars to get an education that will lead to a successful career. Women fought and are still fighting to be viewed as equal to men, so we should be working to educate ourselves, so we can be future leaders in our careers.

2. College is a time for you to find yourself. You will find new passions and outgrow the things that you used to love. You need to focus on yourself before you can focus on a guy.

3. There are so many opportunities to take advantage of in college. From studying abroad, to sports clubs, to volunteering organizations, there is so much to be involved in. Focusing your time on a guy can take away from time that could be used on being involved in the college environment. You only have four years to take advantage of the unique opportunities college has to offer, so you should make the most of them.

4. It’s no secret that girls mature faster than guys. If you try to settle down with a guy now, chances are he will not be ready for something serious and could end up hurting you. It’s best to wait a few years for guys to mature before getting into a serious relationship. In the meantime, you can allow yourself to grow.

5. These are your last years of freedom. After college, you will be expected to make a career for yourself and eventually settle down and have a family. You don’t need to settle down with a guy yet. Talk to who you want, be a little crazy, and have fun.

6. Focus on your friends. Your most cherished memories and genuine laughs will be with your friends. Eventually you will have a career and possibly a family, leaving less time for friends, so you should take advantage of the time you have for friends now.

7. College is a stressful time. From tests and essays to determining if your major is right for you, college can be a lot to deal with, and boys can add to that stress. Instead of worrying why a guy does not text you back or ask to hang out, treat yourself. A face mask and Netflix will always beat an awkward date.

8. You’re beautiful just the way you are. You do not need a guy to affirm how great you are. Be confident and don’t search for guys. Let the right guy come to you.

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!