This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

8 Products to Beat Winter Dryness

Even though the “first day of spring” is only a few weeks away, we all know that here in New England, it’s still cold, windy, and snowy. One of my least favorite things about winter is how my skin reacts to it. Because of wind outside and the heat that’s blasting as soon as you step indoors, I get wicked dry. These are my eight favorite products to stop my skin from feeling dehydrated! Most of these can be purchased at the drugstore but a few are higher end!

Lips

1. Carmex

Some argue that this isn’t the most hydrating lip balm however if your lips get to the point of cracking or if you’re prone to cold sores, Carmex will heal your lips immediately.

1. Vaseline Lip Therapy

Vaseline Lip Therapy is the kind of lip product that you can put on at night and feel an obvious difference with by the morning. It’s makes your lips unbelievably soft and comes in a selection of scents.

Face

1. Lancôme Bienfait Multi-Vital

Lancôme Bienfait Multi-Vital is hands down my favorite face moisturizer in the world; I use it year-round. It has SPF to protect your skin and literally will change the entire feel of your skin. It really is worth the splurge.

1. Pond’s Dry Skin Face Cream

Pond’s Dry Skin Face Cream is a really good, classic moisturizer. It does its job, and does it well, without reinventing the wheel. It also doesn’t have any SPF, so it’s perfect for layering under makeup because it won’t cause flashback in your pictures.

1. Origins Night-A-Mins

Origins Night-A-Mins is great over-night face moisturizer that not only provides your skin with vitamins but also leaves a noticeable change in hydration for when you wake up. This is a thick cream, but that aspect definitely helps it sink in overnight.

Body

1. The Body Shop Body Butter

The Body Shop Body Butter is a great “all over” moisturizer. It leaves your skin feeling so soft and hydrated for days after you put it on, and its most effective if you use it after the shower while your skin is still wet. It also comes in SO MANY yummy scents!

Hair

1. OGX Coconut Miracle Oil

OGX Coconut Miracle Oil is great for getting a hold of frizziness caused by the wind or heating system. You can use it on wet or dry hair to see a shine and make your hair soft again until the next wash.

Makeup

1. Milani Make It Dewy

Milani Make It Dewy Setting Spray will refresh your face after applying your makeup. I’ll be the first to tell you that this won’t necessarily make your makeup last much longer than usual, BUT GIRL YOU WILL GLOW. You won’t have to worry about cracks or flakey skin ruining your makeup if you hydrate with this as the last step of your routine.

These are just a few products that have worked for me, and obviously everyone has their own preferences, but I hope these suggestions help!

unh '22
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!