This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Working out is hard, and it’s even harder when everyone around you is being annoying af.

1.When guys at the gym stare/ give creepy looks

Just because I’m a girl lifting weights does not give guys permission to stare, give creepy looks, or give dirty looks. Girls have the same right as any male student here to use the weight equipment so please stop making me feel uncomfortable by staring.  

2. When it’s crowded

Whenever it’s so crowded and hot, there is barely any room to breathe let alone get a workout done.  

3. When someone spends forever on the machine you want to use because they are on their phone

I get it, everyone needs to take a little break in between sets, but checking your phone for 10+ minutes?? The leg press isn’t a seat to rest on, and some of us are waiting to use it. 

4. When someone doesn’t put their weights back or puts them in the wrong place

Why can’t everyone just clean up after themselves?? 

5. When someone stands 2 inches away from you while you are trying to work out 

There is nothing worse than someone coming up and standing right on top of you when you are working out. Please don’t invade my personal bubble, it’s extremely uncomfortable. 

6. When someone doesn’t clean off the machine when they’re done

Because no one wants to wipe their body all over someone else’s leftover sweat and because germs 

7. When someone works out right in front of the weight rack so you can’t get to what you need

There is no need to stand directly in front of the weight rack. You’re getting in everyone’s way. 

8. When someone claims they were using the machine you’re using 

I’m sorry you walked away for a minute and didn’t leave something to save your place, but how the heck am I supposed to know you were using this machine?? 

In conclusion, working out is hard and people suck, but it will be worth it in the end. 

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!