7 Reasons Why Working at the UNH Dairy Bar is the Best

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

I applied to the Dairy Bar after one of my friends told me they were hiring. Never in a million years did I think I would love working there so much. Not only is the work generally easy, but it is a lot of fun working there. I 100% believe that working at the dairy bar has to be the best dining services place to work at on campus.  Here are my reasons why working at the Dairy Bar is the best.

The Food:

Dairy bar has amazing food. From Breakfast sandwiches to salads and soups. There is something for everyone even for the pickiest eaters.  They also have gluten free options and options for vegetarians. And getting to take home the leftover mac and cheese isn’t a bad thing.

The Ice cream:

This one is a no-brainer, who wouldn’t wanna work with ice cream. They have like a million flavors to choose from and they are all delicious. It is extremely hard to pick a favorite. You can get anything like a sundae, frappe or just a simple ice cream cone.

The Hours:

The Dairy Bar has really convenient hours. They are only open 8 to 4 every weekday and on the weekends only from 11 to 4. So you’re not working all hours of the night and you can work around your classes.

The People:

The dairy bar has a lot of regulars that come in almost every day, like maintenance guys, faculty and more. You get to know them and meet so many new people

The Money:

Having a job in college can sometimes be time-consuming but it’s nice to have a little extra cash every week. It’s nice to know you’ll have money for dinner, clothes or coffee.

My Boss:

Hands down Dairy Bar has the best manager. Jane is easily the best boss I have ever had ever. She’s an amazing woman. She’s easy going and super funny. She’s constantly cracking jokes which make working fun.  And she rides a Harley Davidson named Lowla, which makes her pretty badass.

My Coworkers:

I am incredibly thankful for the Dairy Bar family. We are a tight knit group and I can easily call all of them friends. They are the main reason I don’t mind go to work, I know I’ll always have someone to talk to at work.  Even when the line is out the door, working alongside friends makes it fun.

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!