This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

If you haven’t heard of the television show “The Good Place” already, you’re really missing out. The comedy series follows the lives – or rather, afterlives – of Eleanor, Chidi, Tahani, and Jason as they settle in The Good Place shortly after they each died on Earth. The architect of their afterlife community, Michael, and his artificial intelligence assistant Janet introduce them to the community that is designed to satisfy all of their individual preferences. However, Eleanor soon realizes that she is actually supposed to be in The Bad Place because she was mistaken for a different person. She employs Chidi, an ethics professor, to teach her how to be a good person so that she can stay in The Good Place. Here are seven reasons why you should start the series if you haven’t already:

1. Kristen Bell

Enough said.

2. It’s funny as heck.

The show is created by Michael Schur, the same man who co-created “The Office”, “Parks and Recreation”, and “Brooklyn Nine-Nine”, so it’s no surprise that “The Good Place” is absolutely hilarious! 3. A diverse cast

Diversity on television is always important, and this series includes characters and actors from all kinds of backgrounds.

4. Janet

She is an immortal “robot” who can conjure any object at your request and knows everything there is to know in the universe. She is also the funniest character in the entire series.

5. There are so many plot twists

In this show, almost every episode ends in a plot twist or cliffhanger. This is the first series I’ve watched where I genuinely don’t know what’s going to happen next!

6. It actually teaches you about the philosophy of ethics

As boring as it sounds, you learn a lot about the different existing ethical philosophies from this show. It really opens your eyes to the complexity of the difference between right and wrong. Even if that doesn’t interest you, Chidi’s adorable dorkiness when talking about ethics makes up for it. 

7. There are amazing guest stars

From Maya Rudolph to Adam Scott, the show always features hilarious guest stars.

These are just seven of the many reasons why everyone should watch “The Good Place”. Its originality and comedy make it one of the best shows on television right now! 

Freshman at University of New Hampshire who loves dogs and musicals.
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!