6 Reasons You Should Look Forward To November

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Personally, Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday. I know all the rage right now is what everyone’s going to be wearing come October 31st, but here are 5 reasons why you only have things to look forward to in November:

1. Family

Being a Jersey girl living 355 miles away from home, I’ve learned that public transportation is EXPENSIVE. Being home-sick sucks and I cannot wait for my final class before Thanksgiving break when I can hop on a plane home and finally see my family, especially my dog, Felix. :)

2. Food

Don’t get me wrong, I love Halloween candy just as much as everyone else, but nothing beats a home cooked Thanksgiving meal. Just think about all that stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, green beans, pumpkin pie… and we can’t forget about the turkey!!

3. Black Friday

Although Black Friday can sometimes be hectic, there is something to be said about the thrill of being out way past normal hours and shopping in the dark for great deals. Nothing a cup of coffee can’t keep you awake for, right?

4. Sweaters

Pretty self-explanatory… I have around 25 in my closet just dying to be worn from last season.

5. No Shave November

No Shave November is a great way to raise awareness for different types of cancer. One of its original purposes was to save the money that you would usually spend on a haircut and donate it to a cancer foundation, however it’s mostly become a nice excuse to not shave your legs or grow out your beard.

6. The Start of Christmas time

One of my family’s favorite holiday traditions is putting up the Christmas decorations the day after Thanksgiving! My mom will put on her favorite Christmas playlist and everyone will work together to the peaceful sounds of Christmas that you can only listen to one month a year.

So there you have it! After Halloween you only have things to look forward to :))

Hi I'm Cassie :) I'm super into outdoors, reading and coffee!
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!