6 Celebrity Trends That Need To End

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.
  1. The Invisible Eyebrow

As much as we all love the Wrecking Ball singer, some of her fashion choices are a little too obscure. You have eyebrows for one main biological reason and that is to be the first defense on your face against sweat, dust, and other particles from getting into your eye. Not to mention it helps to make your forehead not look like it takes up half of your face. In any case Miley Cyrus’s eyebrow trend needs to come to a screeching halt. Ladies, just be proud of your brow.  

[pagebreak]

1. Finger Tip Dyed Nails

This is what my nails look like when I paint with my non dominant hand. As much as we all love Lorde’s edgy style and breathtaking voice, her manicure needed about 20 Q-tips and a bottle of polish remover before she took the Grammy stage. Your nails are not a four-year olds coloring book. Take pride in staying between the lines.

[pagebreak]

1. The Medusa Hair

Whatever you do don’t look Christina Aguilera in the eye, she may turn you to stone with this hair style. The only time this look is acceptable is when you’re in middle school and travel to an island for February vacation where the resort has a cornrow braiding stand and you add your favorite color beads at the bottom.

[pagebreak]

1. The Concealer That Doesn’t Conceal

Light toned concealer never mixes well with a camera flash. Before you go out remember to blend that makeup in or else you will be getting a Facebook notification of a tagged photo and your face looks like this…

Or this…

Or even this…

Save yourself from these future photo mishaps. Light concealer is a good base coat that helps cover everything up but just make sure it is blended well with the rest of your foundation.

[pagebreak]

1. XXXL Sunglasses

Big-eyed sunglasses should only be used by two types of people. Those people include Willy Wonka, and any elderly people that just had cataract surgery. Other than that there are no excuses for this trend to continue.

[pagebreak]

6. The Overly Smokey Eye

Mastering the art of eye shadow is something every girl struggles with until about sophomore year in high school, however, mastering the art of the Smokey Eye is on a whole other level. Unfortunately, Tyra Banks and Taylor Momsen missed the keyword smokey and went for a more raccoon-like look.

Always remember ladies, just because Regina George wears army pants and flip flops does not mean you should wear army pants and flip flops too. Celebrities are the leaders of fashion trends but sometimes even they can choose looks that should have never gone public  

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!