6 Amazing Things You Can Get Your Mom for Mothers Day Without Breaking The Bank

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Mother’s Day is coming up quick, so I am going to give you some ideas that will help you make your mom smile, without breaking the bank and that will be ready by this Sunday! This is something I have a lot of experience in because my mom is almost impossible to buy for, so she appreciates the heartfelt gifts as opposed to extravagant gifts. These will all be quarantine friendly, inexpensive, and relatively easy ideas that anyone can do!

1.) Flowers and a Card

Just a small thing like your mom’s favorite flowers and a sweet card go a long way. It shows that you care and appreciate everything she does for you. Flowers can be bought at the supermarket and a card can be made or bought, depending on what you prefer. A little gesture like this is the perfect way to show how much you love your mom and that you’re thinking of her.

2.) Be Her Chef for the Day

Personally, my mom hates to cook, so a gift like this is perfect for a mom like mine, or a busy mom who is constantly cooking for everyone else. It doesn’t matter if you aren’t the greatest cook, it’s the effort that counts. The meals can be as simple as cereal and fruit, or as extravagant as a Filet Mignon depending on how skilled you are in the kitchen. You can also get help from the rest of your family and make all her favorite dishes for her to enjoy throughout the day.

3.) Gift Cards

Because of quarantine, it is impossible to go out and buy something from your mom’s favorite store, so why not get her something that she can use in the future. My mom loves gift cards because she can pick out whatever she wants from her favorite stores, and my sister and I don’t have to struggle to pick out what we think she would like! This can be a gift card to a store, restaurant, spa or anything!

4.) Self-Care Kit

Local pharmacies and CVS’s are open, so this one you do have the ability to go out and buy. You can get her face masks, bath bombs, lotions, nail polish etc., all to form a nice fun self-care basket that she can use during her down time during quarantine. My mom is a nurse, currently working and insane amount, and when she gets her downtime she likes to just relax, and this is the perfect gift to do so!

5.) A Painting

You don’t have to be an artist to paint something that your mom will absolutely love! I have no artistic talent, yet I have managed to scrap up things from around the house to create my mom a painting that she absolutely cherishes. I was lucky enough to have paint and a canvas lying around my house, but if you don’t you can use paper or just draw it!

6.) Family Activities

Doing something as a family and just enjoying each other’s company can also be the perfect simple gift. This can be going on a walk, watching a movie, baking or really anything! This simple idea is a great way to bond with not only your mom but the whole family and take advantage of the time we have now in quarantine, that is usually time we don’t have. 

These are just a few of the many things you could ultimately get your mom for Mother’s Day, but I think the most important thing to keep in mind and think about is how much your mom does for you every day. Showing how much you love your mom will mean the world to do, so just find any way you can to make her smile and give her the amazing day she deserves. 

I'm a Finance major who loves dogs and hanging out with friends!
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!