5 Ways To Get Over Him

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

5 Simple Ways To Get Over Your Ex

Whether you initiated the break-up or were the one left behind, push him as far out of your mind as possible. Either way he wasn’t good enough for someone as fabulous as you. They rarely ever are. (Unless you’re Khloe and Lamar and even then it comes with weird matching hand tattoos and that is not something you want to get yourself into.) Bottom line is every doll needs a superman and there is no need to focus on the what-could-have-been stuff. Obviously not much “could have been,” so why concentrate on it? Use these five simple steps as guidelines to bring yourself back to the top where you belong.

Get Rid of Anything That Reminds You of Him

That’s right, even the comfy sweatshirts. Donate them to the nearest clothing drive or give them to your naïve younger sibling. Put the pictures at the bottom of your clothes drawers and throw the letters away. The stuffed animal he bought you just doesn’t look so cute anymore; it can go under your bed.

Do Yourself

It’ll feel so good. When was the last time you actually could focus on yourself with that boy in the way? Take a little extra time than usual to go through your exam flashcards again so you get the perfect score. Go to bed earlier rather than staying up late talking on the phone. Spend a little extra time getting ready in the morning. Get your nails done, or buy yourself a new outfit, you deserve it beautiful.

Devote All Your Time To Your Friends

They miss you! And they’re way better than him anyways because they can paint your nails on your right hand for you and give advice on the better pair of pumps. Every time you want to text him, text your friend instead. Whenever you realize you are alone, bring your homework into your friend’s room. Go out with them at night and laugh your ass off.

Immerse Yourself in a Job or Hobby

I’m not talking about hobbies like quilt making, but seriously, get a job. Having money is awesome and even more rewarding when you have a task to immerse yourself in. Make sure to save half of what you make so you can look at all the progress you’ve made from all your hard work. Becoming busier will help you manage your time better anyway.

Exercise

That’s right, you have to. It sucks but whatever. The last thing you want is for the dumb ex to feel as if he had nothing to lose. He did. Get outside for a change and walk with friends or hit the gym for a half hour in between errands. It will release endorphins and make you feel more alive. Plus, you’ll have a killer bod in the new skinny jeans you bought yourself.