Style > Beauty

5 Skincare Products You Need For a Summer Glow-Up

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

1. Crest Teeth Whitening strips

When I tell you these changed my life, I mean it, If I was on a deserted island and had to choose between being saved or my teeth whitening strips, I would choose my teeth whitening strips. Okay, maybe not to that extent, but these are seriously incredible. After one thirty-minute use you’ll see a difference. They never hurt your teeth or make them look overly fake either. Chef’s kiss.

2. Bondi Beach Self-Tanning Foam

If you’re like me and you can’t tan naturally for the life of you, or you’re just not trying to get skin cancer from the sun this summer, try Bondi Sands Self-Tanning Foam! I was a diehard Jergen’s self-tanning mousse fan for the longest time but I recently switched to Bondi Sands and the difference is immeasurable. It goes on so easily, blends seamlessly, isn’t orange at all, actually SMELLS GOOD, and doesn’t feel sticky after putting it on. It lasts longer than other brands I’ve tried and it’s a must-have to get that summer glow.

3. Hair Oils and Serums

Okay, so we’ve all seen the TikTok trend where you wash your hair, douse it in a hair oil or serum and then wrap your hair in a fuzzy sock and sleep in it? No one? Just me? Okay, well DO IT. It sounds so silly and I was skeptical as well but it works wonders for your hair. As someone who is a fake blonde who’s always bleaching my hair and using heat on it, doing this trick has saved my hair. I personally use Argan oil in my hair and then wrap it up in a ponytail-fuzzy sock combo situation then go to sleep and – voila! New hair, new me. Highly recommend.

4. Exfoliator

Exfoliating is an essential part of skin care in my opinion. I always exfoliate right before I know I’m going to be self-tanning so it goes on a lot nicer and smoother, or if I just want my skin to be extra silky smooth. Using an exfoliator with an exfoliating sponge gently gets rid of all of the dead skin on your body (I know, gross) and leaves you looking, feeling, and smelling amazing. I personally use the coconut and mango exfoliating scrub from Raw Sugar and my skin has thanked me for it.

5. Laneige Water Bank Moisture Cream

I wish I found this product sooner. Once again, thank you to TikTok for introducing me to this brand. This moisturizing cream is a bit on the pricier side but it’s soooo worth it. The packaging itself is so pretty and makes me feel like a rich housewife or something, I don’t know. There’s no scent to it and I swear you can actually feel the cream soaking into your face and moisturizing you to the gods. It’s a bit on the thicker side but ya girl needs that. And I’m telling you, you do too. Simply amazing.

Senior at the University of New Hampshire