Money 29 micheile henderson ZVprbBmT8QA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Money 29 micheile henderson ZVprbBmT8QA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Reasons We’re Ready to Head Home for Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Now that we’ve survived what feels like an eternity of never-ending snowstorms and cold weather, spring is finally here and campus is alive, or the total of 3 weeks we actually have left, but when you go to school in New Hampshire you’ll take what you can get. Final exams/presentations are fastly approaching and spring fever is not working our your favor. The only thing on your mind is day parties and nice weather. Everybody’s just about checked out of school mode and ready to head home for the summer for a number of reasons.

Make some cash money

If you go to college and aren’t completely broke by the end of the year, let alone the end of first semester then you my friend just aren’t doing college right. Thankfully, summer jobs are the ultimate solution to this problem. Whether you’re interning, working at a restaurant, or nannying you are guaranteed to get a little income to cushion the excessive debt incurred from this semester’s activities.

No school work to worry about

Aside from working, summer is the perfect time to rest that pretty little brain of yours and not have to worry about group projects or assignment deadlines. Whether it be taking advantage of the nice weather by heading out to the lake to chill on the pontoon or hitting up the Xfinity Center for a rowdy time down at the dirt lot, school work is sure to be the last thing on your radar.

Quality time with your pets

Call me a crazy cat lady, but besides my actual best friends from home my cat Tiger is a close 2nd for that title. After long months away from him he’s the first face I see waiting patiently at the door and all I want to do is smother him until he scratches me and I know it’s time to back off. He’s the ultimate cuddle buddy and is the only one I can rely on to listen to the questionable decisions I’ve made this past semester and not say a word about it (which is much appreciated.)

Reuniting with your besties

For someone like myself who goes home at least once a month during the school year, you would assume that seeing my best friends from home is no big deal.. Think again because the separation anxiety of being away from them for anytime more than an hour is so real and if it were physically possible I think we would spend every waking hour with each other. When you’re finally home for good is when the real fun begins and your hometown best prepare for some wild nights.

Home-cooked meals

I think I speak for many college students when I say cooking is not part of your expertise and chances are your food budget consists of mac and cheese, takeout and Domino’s. Your mother’s homemade meals are the equivalent of what you would receive at a five-star restaurant compared to what you’ve been eating for the past 8 months. An added bonus is that home-cooked meals are a lot healthier, getting you one step closer to that hot beach bod you’ve always wanted.

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!