5 Reasons Demi Lovato is a Boss Babe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Demi Lovato has had a wild time for the past 10 years. Starting off on Disney channel, she eventually rose to the top of the celeb charts. However, she never expected fame to come to her so fast. She has been in and out of therapy since the age of 17. Dealing with drugs, alcohol, and eating disorders; she has faced it all. The young singer, only 25, is finally clean and learning how to love herself. I have been a huge fan of her ever since the Camp Rock days and truly believe she is a wonderful inspiration to adolescents everywhere. Here are just a few reasons as to why she’s a total boss babe.

1. She is Committed to Constantly Bettering Herself

Demi’s journey with her mental health has not been an easy one. She was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and depression in her teens. On top of that, she has dealt with her addictions to cocaine and alcohol. However, she has not given up. She is constantly working on bettering herself and proving to everyone that you can get better. It takes time, but you will get there.

2. She is All About Body Positivity

Ever since she was a young girl, Demi has struggled with accepting her body, something very relatable for a lot of people. With her new album, Tell Me Love Me, out, she is radiating ultimate boss lady vibes. With songs like Sorry Not Sorry, she is telling everyone of how much of a catch she is. She knows she is strong, powerful, and a force to be reckoned with and she is not afraid to say it. Demi explains that she is finally starting to love her body.

3. She Speaks Her Mind

Demi is known for not being afraid to speak her mind. She’ll tell people how it is and won’t hesitate to openly ask someone what’s wrong. She is straightforward and direct, something at 20 years old I still struggle with.

4. Her Music Talks About Everything and Anything

From love, to heartbreak, to mental health, to sexuality, Demi covers it all. Her music gives us the power to embrace ourselves and have the confidence to take on the world.

5. She Loves Her Fans

Demi tells all in her YouTube Documentary, Simply Complicated, stating that she would not be the person she is today, or even here today, if it wasn’t for her fans. She wants to make music that connects to them on a personal level, which is a big reason why she isn’t afraid to address anything in her music.

I can only hope that one day I can be as much as a Boss Babe as Demi is.

Hello! I'm Julianna and I graduated from the University of New Hampshire with a major in BFA: Photography and a minor in Business Administration. I was a Contributing Writer to the Her Campus UNH Chapter beginning in October 2016. In September 2017, I got promoted to Senior Editor, and then I was one of UNH's Campus Correspondents for the Fall 2018 - Spring 2019 school year! This organization was such an incredible experience and I can't wait to see what great things the chapter does in the future. HCXO, Julianna :) http://juliannasagliano.com/
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!