Style

5 Outfits to Wear to Your Holiday Parties this Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

1. The Perfect and Simple Turtle Neck Sweater

Now that Winter is making its dramatic appearance, turtle necks have been summoned once again as a hit trend.  Varying in all different styles, you can mix and match with long sweater turtle necks, tight and fitted turtle necks, or even (for anyone not experiencing negative temperatures in the winter) sleeveless turtle necks.  They all go so well with any high-waisted jeans, or skirts. You can even dig out your over the knee boots and a cute pair of hoop earrings and you will be the trendsetter of the party.

2. Velvet Bodysuits

Velvet has been making its comeback for quite some time, and It officially made it.  Velvet is so sleek and chic and totally a statement look for the winter.  Popular in deep burgundy, black, and emerald for holiday party season, but don’t be afraid of any other pop of velvet color.  It goes great with any leather skirt and booties and can be pulled together with a deep red or maroon lipstick and a simple necklace.

3. The Suede Skirt

Suede is also a popular winter material, and definitely a little fancy so a holiday party is the perfect time to take advantage of it.  Suede skirts look amazing with either a tight plain long sleeve turtle neck or a regular oversized sweater; and to keep your legs warm in the cold weather you can tie it together with over the knee boots, or a pair of tights and short booties.  If you aren’t feeling the skirt, then fur suede jackets are just as cool, but suede is totally a top pick for your closet this winter.

4. High-Waisted Plaid Cropped Pants

Perfect for work or business holiday parties if you’re going for a classier look.  Depending on the colors of the plaid, a plain colored shirt works best with the busy plaid.  Whether it’s a long sleeve turtle neck or a regular plain tee, the pants will draw all the attention and you will look super festive.  Since the pants are cropped, sock booties or heels would look the best, and if cropped pants aren’t your thing, go for the high waisted flare pants, with stripes or a plaid skirt instead.  Plaid is the best pattern for the winter, and it’s super easy to incorporate into your outfits to make you look trendy and seasonally festive.

5. A Big Fur Coat

Everyone is in on the fur coat trend, and if you’re not, then this is your chance! Not only do they keep you super warm, but they immediately make you look like a superstar. They pull together every outfit, whether it’s a tan teddy coat or a plain black one, you will be the trendsetter of the night.  

university of new hampshire '22
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!