5 Fun and Easy Crafts for your Dorm or Apartment

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

One thing I have noticed since being at college is that college students, especially girls, love to craft. 

Whether it is painting on canvas, or nailing nails into wood there is something about it that is just pure fun. 

I personally use crafting to procrastinate homework or other “important” things I have to do, but I know a lot of people who just love the idea of creating something with their bare hands. When I walk into some of my friend’s rooms, they have crafts all over the walls and I must say, they really make the place seem a lot more like home.

Here are 5 fun and easy crafts for your dorm or apartment!

1. Nail and String Art

What do I need? Small 1 inch nails, string (any color), spray paint (any color), 1×1 foot plank of wood and a hammer

2. Photo Banner

What do I need? Photos of you and your friends, a long piece of string and clothes pins.

3. Faux Flower Monogram

What do I need? Faux flowers, your initials (cardboard or wood) and glue.

4. Mason Jar painting

What do I need? Mason jars, spray paint, if you want to add a little texture to the glass sand works well, and of course some flowers to put in it.

5. Dixie Cup Lights

What do I need? Christmas lights, Dixie Cups, paint, glue and paper of your choice.

Happy crafting!

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!