5 Fall Game Day Snacks to Put on Your Grocery List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

There’s nothing like sitting around a TV with your friends in preparation for a big game – whether that be football, basketball, or any of your favorite sports. The camaraderie you feel when it’s time to support your favorite team is like no other! If you’re like me – you’re not necessarily in it for the sports though, you’re in it for the snacks. It’s always a shame when you get to a watch party and there are no snacks to munch on while you watch! So to keep you prepared, I’ve compiled a list of some of my favorite game-day snacks to eat with friends.

1. Buffalo Chicken Dip

It’s only right that I put buffalo chicken dip at the top of my list – it’s a staple in any get-together that I have with my friends and one of my favorite snacks to make. It’s super easy and is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.

2. Pigs in a Blanket

Pigs in a blanket are also another huge crowd-pleaser in my opinion. Always a hit in our friend group!

3. Charcuterie Boards

Unlike buffalo chicken dip and pigs in a blanket, this snack requires a little bit more work. However, charcuterie boards can be as easy or as complicated as you want them to be! I prefer to make my charcuterie boards very aesthetically and visually pleasing because it always wows friends and guests – not to mention how Instagrammable they are!

4. Nachos

There are so many different ways you can make nachos – different types of chips, cheeses and toppings. Spicy nachos not your style? Try out barbecue pulled chicken nachos! The customization of nachos can always go well for friends on game days, especially if they can add their favorite toppings.

5. Sliders

Another fully customizable food is sliders. You can have hamburgers, turkey burgers, chicken burgers, pulled chicken, pulled pork, veggie burgers, the list goes on! As long as you have an array of toppings, it’s sure to make everyone happy!

U. of NH 2022