Style > Beauty

5 EASY HALLOWEEN COSTUMES YOU ALREADY OWN

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Your Halloween party is in a few days; you just checked amazon, and even the Prime items will not make it in time! This is a disaster! Don’t worry, we’ve all been there. That’s precisely where I found myself yesterday. So here are some of the costumes I came up with that you can wear right out of your closet!

Violet from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

This one is for my makeup girls (a.k.a not me). This costume is so cute and looks like it was actually thought out. Just wear an all-blue outfit and apply blue coloring from your nose and out with some makeup. This can also be done as a group costume with Veruca Salt. Veruca wears a baby pink dress and white fur coat, but any variation of pink and white will do the trick.

Kim Possible

Who knew one of our favorite childhood cartoons could be such an easy and cute Halloween costume? Just wear a pair of green pants, preferably cargo pants, and any sort of black top, and there you go (bonus points if you’re a redhead like me)! Wear a pair of black boots, and to really kill this look, add a pair of black gloves and a brown belt. 

Princess (literally any)

This costume is definitely a little cliche, but cliches exist for a reason, right? In a struggle to find my third and final costume for this weekend, I tried on a random purple dress I already own, and my roommate immediately pointed out that I could easily pass as Ariel. While that may have had a lot to do with my hair color, I realized how truly simple this costume is for anyone. Find a dress you like on yourself, find a princess who wears that same color, and accessorize! 

Tennis Player

Being a tennis player might be the easiest costume ever. Any combination of a white tennis skirt (or even any pair of athletic shorts) and an athletic top will make this work. And to make things even simpler, you could (and should) wear your hair up for this costume. Almost everybody already owns these items, and it takes about 10 minutes to fully put them together. 

Risky Business

Okay, I take it back. Risky Business is the easiest costume ever. Recreating the look from the classic scene from this movie will leave nobody questioning your costume, or your movie taste. Just wear a little pair of shorts and a white button-down. It’s super cute and even more comfortable. 

Freshman Social Work major at University of New Hampshire!!