5 Day Drinking Fashion Must Haves

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

There’s truly nothing better than a perfect Saturday afternoon spent drinking with your friends on Young Drive. We’re all well accustomed to the experience. We know who will be there, what time to go, what to drink…the only thing left to decide is what to wear. Here are 5 items to keep in your closet for this Spring: Perfect for day drinking with your friends, the bar on Saturday night, or a case race at your campus crush’s apartment.

1. Maxi’s Maxi’s Maxi’s.

The beautiful thing about a maxi dress? Perfect for any occasion. You can dress them up with some cool wedges, or dress them down with a jean jacket. This season the shelves are PACKED with cool tones, textures, lengths, and colors. My favorite finds so far are a sheer neon yellow maxi from Forever 21 and a navy blue floral patterned strapless from Express.

1. Cut up old T-Shirts

Stressing on money? Not to fear. Sometimes the cutest items for springtime have been sitting in your drawer for years. Take an old UNH “Thirsty Everyday” shirt that’s been in your drawer since freshman year and grab an old pair of scissors. Give it an uneven bottom, some slits underneath the armpits, and an off the shoulder collar, pair it with some acid wash high-waisters and you will look effortlessly cool…for free.

1. Crochet Wedges

Its easy to go overboard with heels…one way to make sure you stay casual-cool this Spring is to keep it simple with a pair of cork bottomed crochet topped wedges. A pair of cream or lemon wedges will pair perfectly with any outfit, casual or not. They are more comfortable them your typical patent leather Charlotte Russe BOGO platforms, and you will stick out from the crowd.

1. High-Low Skirts

The shelves this year are swarming with high-low sheer skirts and I could not be more pleased. One-way to stay cool in the soon-to-be hot weather is a little bit of flowy fabric. The beauty of these skirts is that they are sexy and fashionable. You can show off your freshly shaved-tan legs in the front, and have a little bit of modesty in the back. Buy yourself a cool neon turquoise skirt and pair in with a simple white tank. Throw on some strappy sandals and you’ll catch every guy’s eye.

1. Crop tops

I know the main concern with crops is how skinny you are/feel. But your best friend is pairing a crop with something high waisted. Crop Top + Low rise shorts can way too easily = trashy. Pair them with a high waisted pair of shorts or a pencil skirt and you look sexy and cool as well as hide any bit of imperfection you feel you may have. It’s the best of both worlds.

Springtime is made for having some beers with your friends, tanning on the T-Hall lawn, and enjoying your last few weeks before the ever so dreaded drive back home. Live it up and look great while you do it. You can’t go wrong. 

Leah Wesolaski. Fashion enthusiast. Study Abroad Florence 2012. www.wildfreecouture.blogspot.com
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!