This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Curly hair is hands down the best type of hair a person can have. The way each strand of hair define themselves, it is as if they have they are all unique and join together to create expressive hair that can stand out among any crowd. The beauty of every curl is unique. Having curly hair, I have certainly done my fair share of trial an error with different curling products and hair masks to find what works best for my hair type (which is 3B). After trying every hair product out there, these are some of my favorite hair products and masks for any curly hair type.  

1. DevaCurl Melt into Moisture Hair Mask

DevaCurl is one of my favorite brands for curly hair types. All of its products are silicone and paraben free which is super important for curly hair because you want to use products that are going to hydrate and strengthen your curls, not dry them out. The Melt into Moisture hair mask is by far one of my favorite hair masks. It has matcha butter and sweet almond oil which both retains moisture and seals the ends of your hair. It is also a mask you can use on colored hair like mine.  

https://shop.naturallycurly.com/devacurl-melt-into-moisture-matcha-green-tea-butter-conditioning-mask-8-oz/

2. Curls Creme Brule Whipped Curl Cream

I tried this hair creme after going to the drugstore near my school and not being able to find my usual hair creme. After taking a “leap of faith” and trying something new, I have fallen in love with this styling creme. It is very lightweight and doesn’t leave your hair feeling or looking crunchy or over oily. It is very light weight on the hair and helps to prevent any frizz which is a top priority with curly hair. I definitely recommend trying this if your looking to switch up your style creme.  The definition of your curls is A+.

https://www.curls.biz/creme-brule.html

3. SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine Shampoo and Conditioner

Having curly hair it is important that you find a shampoo and conditioner that does not strip your hair’s moisture and maintains the definition of your curls. The SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine Shampoo and Conditioner is my go to for my washes. It does not bubble when you rub into your hands which is important for curly hair shampoos. The shampoo also does a really good job of cleaning out both the products and any dirt you may have in your hair without drying it out. I always condition twice when I wash my hair (before and after shampoo) and the conditioner is very hydrating.

https://www.justmylook.com/shea-moisture-coconut-hibiscus-curl-shine-shampoo-conditioner-twin-2-x-379ml-p11393

4. SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk

I absolutely love the SheaMoisture products especially the line for curly hair. This Curl and Style Milk is my OG style creme when I started to concentrate on being more natural with my curly hair. This style creme is absolutely amazing when it comes to defining, styling, and managing frizz on curly hair. Even in the summer when I went to Turks and Caicos (which is very humid) my hair did not frizz at all from using this product. While it has a little more weight on the hair then the Curls Creme Brule Whipped Curl Cream that I mentioned, it is still a really good hair creme to use and my go to when I need a break from my other style creme.

https://shop.naturallycurly.com/sheamoisture-coconut-hibiscus-curl-style-milk-8-oz/

If you have curly hair and are looking for new products to put into your hair routine I definitely recommend trying these products. They have been life changing for me and have helped to me embrace my curls.

Communication Major  Health Management Policy Minor  AXID Tour Guide
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!