This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Although most our phones are polluted with apps like Instagram and Snapchat, many of us don’t have apps that help us in school. As college students, we are both preoccupied by schoolwork all day and glued to our phones. Here are a few apps I use on a daily basis to help myself and my school performance as a college student.

MyHomework

As the name states, this app helps with organization around homework. This semester, a lot of my courses assign both readings and assignments. Although I do like to write the assignments down in an agenda, I often refer to the syllabus online anyway. With the MyHomework app, you can add each of your classes and add assignments with due dates for each class. Something I like about the app is that once you finish, you can cross it out in the app. This helps me keep track of what I’ve done already and what still needs to get done.

Coursicle

When it comes time to pick your classes, download this app! Students put in the college/university they are attending, and a list of majors/classes should appear. You can then pick the class you are looking to get into (if there aren’t any seat available) and it will notify you when spots open up. This is super helpful to students who are really interested in a class that is full. I used to log into the registration and manually check if my class opened up. I often found myself checking several times a day over break and then heard about Coursicle. Once the class opened, I was notified and quickly added it to my schedule.

HeadSpace

I originally got HeadSpace as a way to fall asleep at night. Since then, I’ve expanded my usage of the app and enjoy the notifications and mediations. College life can get stressful and busy but having an app that ensures relaxation is a key factor to staying sane. On days that I feel especially stressed, I will take 5 minutes out of my day to mediate. You can easily maneuver your way around the app and find the right mediation for you. Once you choose a mediation, it will guide you through, every step of the way. This app is perfect for those who need some Zen but don’t quite know what mediation is about. With guidance from the app, I am able to stay relaxed as a busy college student.

Honey

Although it is not an app, it is an essential to those who frequently shop online. Like most college students, I’m broke but still love to shop. Honey is a free browser extension that automatically find coupons for you. If you listen to podcasts like Schnitt Talk or OffCampus, I’m sure you’ve heard about Honey. When I would hear the advertisements, I would get annoyed about how frequently they were bringing up this service and skip past the ad. Finally, I decided to install it and it has saved me so much money. Honey has coupons for the majority of the sites I shop on, and even has coupons for sites you wouldn’t expect. Once you check out, you click the Honey button on your browser and it’ll automatically apply the coupons. It’s so easy and free!

Health/Fitness App

There are a ton of apps in the app store than are intended to provide workouts and track your water intake. Some are free, some you have to pay for. Some are more focused on fitness and others on mental health. I didn’t choose a specific app because everyone is different and there are so many options, but everyone should have one! As a college student myself, I know the struggle of getting to the gym and staying active. I find myself feeling unmotivated or confused about what to do at the gym. Having an app that provides a workout plan helps me get to the gym every day and tells me exactly what to do. Having a fitness/wellness app will not only keep you active, but also help your mental health. On busy days when I feel swamped with work and stress, I end my day in the gym to blow off steam. I love having the app and have noticed the benefits to both my physical and mental health.

I'm Emily Burbano and I'm from New Jersey. I'm a junior at the University of New Hampshire majoring in Human Development and Family Studies with a minor in Child Life!
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!